Page 44 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast

Thread: Feature requests

To my ear, the problem is not only that brushes in the Jazz - Ballad Swing style are too loud but that they are too harsh sounding. They really don't sound like brushes on a snare drum and are much too prominent. I'm glad someone else brought this up.

I'm working on new styles and sounds.
    I'll improve the sound of the brushes.
    Look for a major update at the end of summer.

Massimo.

Quote Originally Posted by massimobio View Post
    I'm working on new styles and sounds. I'll improve the sound of the brushes. Look for a major update at the end of summer. Massimo.
    Woo hoo! Then maybe now's the time to re-request: A dixieland/2nd line style; and drumstick clicks as a "Count In Sound" option. I really look forward to each update. This great app just keeps getting greater and greater!
    There's two kinds of mistakes you can play: The ones you notice, and the ones somebody else might notice.

I can easily add Drumstick clicks.

I'm working on a New Orleans/2nd line style but it is jazzy in it's approach and played on Piano, Bass and Drums.

My limited knowledge of dixieland/2nd line music points me to three problems in implementing such a style in iReal Pro.
    First, the style is mostly played on tubas, trombones, trumpets, clarinets and such instruments that are notoriously hard to reproduce with midi sounds.
    Secondly, the linear aspect of the music where the harmony is outlined by the melodies of the various horns rather than by one piano or string instrument.
    Last but not least, the main difference between jazz and dixieland is the collective improvisation aspect that would be impossible for me to simulate with an iReal Pro style.
    Please correct me if I'm wrong in any of the above assumptions.
    My knowledge of this style is limited to old traditional recordings and I'm not familiar with how the style has evolved and is played these days on modern instruments.
    Do you know of any recordings that show how the style could be played with a three instrument harmony/bass/drum approach?

I'm no dixieland expert but I generally agree with everything you say. If a midi tuba can't meet iRealPro's high standards, better to avoid it. And I definitely wouldn't want a horn section with collective improvisation! For my own purposes, just a more simplified bass/drums style would work well for both dixieland AND Western swing material. Actually, the current Bluegrass setting (that two-beat bass does somewhat mimic a tuba) would suffice, if there were drums (similar to Gypsy Jazz) on the Drum track instead of mandolin. As for the third instrument, being a pianist, I mute that track, but maybe "stride" piano for others.

Re Count-In clicks, I think gentle drumsticks would greatly benefit all of us who use iRealPro on live gigs. And perhaps in the future a way to adjust the volume.
    There's two kinds of mistakes you can play: The ones you notice, and the ones somebody else might notice.

Very well, I'll work on this and see what I can come up with.

Massimo, if you come up with something as good as your bass algorithm, it'll be great. I still can't get over how good your bass lines sound.

STYLE REQUEST: 2nd line drums with bass in 2

Yes, me too! I'd love to have just a drum style that is New Orleans 2nd line! I've created a lot of tunes in iReal, but don't know if there's a way to create a style. Can it be done? Better yet, can I import one I make, so it starts up with my iReal tunes?
    Last edited by Marimb; 08-15-2014 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marimb View Post
    STYLE REQUEST: don't know if there's a way to create a style. Can it be done? Better yet, can I import one I make, so it starts up with my iReal tunes?
    At present users cannot create or import styles.
    )BOB

Hi, I use a lot of charts with lyrics under the chords, but this is difficult with iRealPro's single text font for lyrics, which is generally too wide.

Please could you think about a narrow font option for text input, or different font size option for us iPad users?

Thanks