Page 20 of 56 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: Feature requests

AudioBus !!!!

This is the biggest thing to hit the mobile music-making world in a long time. It ties together audio and MIDI for all iOS supported. It would be FANTASTIC to have iRealB piped through my iPhone and iPad while I play guitar or bass using JamUp or another guitar app. I could also record it using another app. All enabled thanks to AudioBus.

Pretty please

Thanks,
    -- Joe

I have applied to AudioBus for iReal b to become one of the compatible apps but they have a long list of developers in line to get their apps on it so we'll have to wait patiently.

Massimo.

Quote Originally Posted by massimobio View Post
    I have applied to AudioBus for iReal b to become one of the compatible apps but they have a long list of developers in line to get their apps on it so we'll have to wait patiently.

Massimo.
    Glad to hear you folks are on it, thanks!

Tuning

This has be asked elsewhere in the forum.

The ability to change to tuning of a score e.g. 1/2 flat.

Amin7, D7, Cmaj7 would still be displayed but the actual played pitch would be Ab min7, Db7, Cbmaj7

This way it wouldn't be necessary to tune your guitar to concert pitch.

I would permanently set irealB to 1/2 flat.

Is this feature planned?
    Last edited by snake; 12-25-2012 at 12:55 AM.

Great Idea!

this would be great! Please make it possible :-)
    greets
    Alominium

It would be nice if highlighting of the currently played chord could be disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by cocoa View Post
    It would be nice if highlighting of the currently played chord could be disabled.
    Do you mean the measure being highlighted as it is playing? Turn it on/off here:
    iOS - Hub>Settings>Playback location
    Mac - Settings>Playback location
    Android - currently v1.6 does not. Coming in the future.

Instrumentalists can take all their songs to a session on a small tablet,
    but singers still have to carry lots of heavy folders.
    I tried different ways to get the lyrics onto my iPad,
    but they weren't so convenient.

So I don't know if anybody ever asked ...
    I'd like to have a T(=text) or L(=lyrics) button in the player -
    to launch a "comment page" for each song -
    either to type in the lyrics or to insert them as an image.
    I don't know if this can cause any copyright problems.
    Perhaps if there is only an option to put the lyrics in myself
    without saving them on your server.

Quote Originally Posted by chaba View Post
    Instrumentalists can take all their songs to a session on a small tablet,
    but singers still have to carry lots of heavy folders.
    I tried different ways to get the lyrics onto my iPad,
    but they weren't so convenient...
    You might have tried some of these ideas already:
    Asssumptions:
    - you need the chords also; otherwise you could just use a single PDF of your lyrics in iBooks (or equivalent)
    - you usually only sing a song in the one key so a PDF of the chords is ok

You could make a PDF of each chart then (presumably in a computer) construct a landscape page with lyrics on one side and the (smaller) chart on the other. Use your tablet in landscape.

Use another tablet (could be a cheap android 7 inch or iPad mini or iPod touch) for lyrics. Lyrics (as simply text files) do not take up much processing to display so should work on 'last years' cheaper devices.
    I have an 'older' android tablet with the app 'Lyric pad'
    http://www.lyricpadapps.com
    I am not a singer, but it is used for any singers who spontaneously get asked to sing with the band and do not have their lyrics or want to try a 'new' song but perhaps do not know all the lyrics. I have downloaded various lyrics and save into dropbox which automatically updates into Lyric Pad (obviously you can add directly into the app, but using a computer to find the lyrics, it is very easy - the tablet updates the next time I turn it on.)
    (I also have iReal b on it, so any 'stray' musician can come and play instead.)

Unrealbook (iPad app) has a facility of master/slave, where a PDF page chosen on one iPad, brings up that page (or the one after) on another iPad. This means if you have the left page lyrics and right page chords (double page spread) of each song then load the PDF in Gigbook on each iPad, set the lyrics one to master, the other to slave (turn on plus 1 page), you only need to control your master ipad, with the facing page instantly showing on the other. Or you have two separate PDFs, one for the lyrics and the other for the chords - each page is a song, where each song is on the same page in each PDF. Set to master/slave, changing on one will change to the exact page on the other. Each ipad shows either the chords or lyrics PDF. Just put them side-by-side on your music stand. (It probably was designed for pianists where they prefer two pages displayed at once.) It works well.
    http://diystompboxes.com/unrealbook/index.html

Edit the long length songs so there is space at the bottom, export the PDF of the chart, then add the lyrics with an image editor, save as PDF, then use iBooks (or whatever) for displaying.
    If you do not like iBooks you can use a PDF viewing app like forscore, gigbook, unrealbook etc. These are designed for musicians, so you can make setlists for your gigs or rehearsal lists and search for the songs etc.
    On android, use Mobilesheets or a PDF viewer.
    http://www.zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/

An app like Scanner Pro (iOS) can be used to simply photograph your lyric pages and turn them into PDFs. This would be much quicker and maybe all you need instead of text files.

Construct a PDF with facing pages (lyrics on left, chords on right for instance) (as in #3 above) then use a PDF viewer to display both pages at once in landscape (I presume this is possible, I have never needed to do this.)

-----
    We are aware many users like you want lyrics inside iReal b. We have different sized devices to consider (iPhone might be too small to have lyrics as well as the chords showing at once) and how it is all organized to make it simple and useful. Thanks for your support. We have have lyrics on our list for future ideas.