Page 13 of 56 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Feature requests

Feature: Color for chords

I'd like the ability to use color in chord charts. This would help both in live play and in study. Four modes come to mind:

* Encoding color within chord source text, for new charts that I create
    * Annotating color within existing charts (e.g. flag that Dbmaj7 in red)
    * Automatically coloring chords by name (all Db chords in red) or family (all altered chords in blue)
    * Automatically coloring of progressions (all II-V cadences in green)

The automatic coloring, especially of progressions, could be difficult but this could be a semi-automated process, where the user flags progressions manually or the app calls up certain phrases ("is this a II-VI-V?")

Feature: Simplification of charts

I'd like the ability to simplify charts by reducing or eliminating substitutions and passing chords -- essentially to bring out the "vanilla book" changes. This would require some form of annotation. (The goal would be detail hiding, analogous to how Google Maps makes small roads disappear until you zoom in.) It could be done by:

* Letting me flag the important chords, and displaying them in a different color, or optionally hide the 'less important' ones
    * Letting me rename chords
    * Automatically identifying chords that are likely to be 'less important' (e.g. because they last for a short time) and letting me decide whether to hide them
    * Automatically renaming chords by family (major, minor, dominant, etc.) and hiding the details (again letting me decide what to keep)

This would all be simpler if an "arranger's workbench" mode could be provided, in which we can manipulate a chart with various interactive and automatic tools.

Not a trivial feature extension, but this is more or less what we all do when we start with somebody's chart and work it up for the band, simplifying/correcting here and adding/substituting there.

One other quick-and-easy update for each of the various rhythms, a totally silent beat option for full rhythm break including drums. Perhaps another with just BD on the downbeat and then silence...

As someone who used to practice to changes by recording them myself, I think this is a great tool. I am the Director of Education for Tokyo School of Music (and guitar instructor as well), and all our guitar students have their own iPad and iRealb is a required download. The only real suggestion I have is more styles. You have obviously dedicated a lot of time and effort to the Jazz section. I would personally like to have better R&B, Soul, Blues, etc.. styles. Before I started using iRealb, I used a Boss Jam Station which has great Blues and R&B styles, some of the same patterns would be great.

I don't think there an option for this atm but the ability to switch playing styles mid playback would be usefull, so like first section is Latin jazz then B section automatically switches to swing or rock ect

My #1 request: rests/breaks, by the beat and/or multi-bar in time.

Maybe some day down the road: tempo/style change by section.

Thanks for all the work, this is the best musical tool I have found in decades!

Hi there Technimo!
    I would love to be able to select a measure and see the chords (piano or guitar) for that measure without having to be in "Play" or loop the measure in question.
    If I can do that, I haven't read how ~ and I am very guilty of RTFM!

~Bryan

Hi Massimo , all I want for the sake of everyone is , for the bug (loosing the modified keys when sending playlists) to be fixed. It is I think the only downer of this app. Other than that the app is perfect for daily use and for my gigs. It made my life much more easier as a very busy jazz pianist
    Thx a million...

Dropbox or iCloud support for synching between iPhone and iPad would be cool.
    I am pretty used to that feature from apps like Songbook for Chordpro which do a good job keeping iPad and iPhone Versions in sync.

Otherwise GREAT app!

Hi

Congratulations on a fantasic app.

I use it to practice tunes with my ukulele group. It would be a fantastic tool for the millions of uke learners all round the world if it could display ukulele chords (similar to the guitar chord option you can buy).

We could then create some learning 'songs' with various chord progressions for practice.

Any chance of making uke chords an in-app purchase?

Many thanks.