Page 14 of 56 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Feature requests

I use "PageFlip" Bluetooth Pedal to turn pages on my other sheet music apps - can you please add support as this is essential as a piano player to be able to turn pages.

Also, I am used to touching the left of the screen to turn back a page and the right to go forward a page - on your app it seems to be top and bottom or swipe motion (which is hard when playing).

Could you please add an option to configure how pages are turned by hand (and the wireless option!).

Many thanks, keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by anlaogy View Post
    I use "PageFlip" Bluetooth Pedal to turn pages on my other sheet music apps - can you please add support as this is essential as a piano player to be able to turn pages.

Also, I am used to touching the left of the screen to turn back a page and the right to go forward a page - on your app it seems to be top and bottom or swipe motion (which is hard when playing).

Could you please add an option to configure how pages are turned by hand (and the wireless option!).

Many thanks, keep up the good work!
    iReal b supports bluetooth page turners. See the settings to turn on this feature.

I own iRealBook for IOS (iPhone and iPad versions) and also the Mac OSX version.

I love it... absolutely wonderful!

However, there are some issues which cause me to make a request for some new features.

The number one issue for me is syncing the songs from one device to the others... especially problematic is getting the songs I do on the IOS devices onto my Mac(s).

My request is to add iCloud and Dropbox support. (especially DROPBOX!!!)

I know I can email the backup to the entire catalog from IOS to Mac but that seems like WAY overkill to get ONE song from one device to another.

Also, tonight I accidentally DELETED a song from my iPhone and it was the ONLY copy of it I had. (it was a bone head move, I know)

But it sure would have been nice to have an UNDO when I accidentally deleted that song! It's gonna take me a couple of hours to re-create that song when a simple undo function could have saved my ass.

I absolutely LOVE the 'band-in-a-box- type MIDI generation. I would LOVE to be able to create my own patterns and styles - in addition to determining the DEFAULT pattern of a blank song.

I could not find how to NEVER have a count off for a song. It seems I am forced to ALWAYS have at least ONE measure for a count off. I would like the option of NO count off - just start playing.

Lastly, it would be wonderful to provide the option for a melody line track. Yes, I know all about copyright and that hoopla that RIAA and the big boys since I've worked in that industry for over 38 years.

But a melody line OPTION would put this app (in both IOS and MAC OSX) as a absolutely essential app for ANY musician.

Just my two cents.

Thanks for taking the time to read.

Hopefully you'll consider these suggestions and offer them in a future update.

All the best to you!

Larry Seyer
    iReal for iPhone, iPad, and OS-X

Cool Special Characteres and Signs adapted for iReal b

Hello, I would like to aport some music symbols I adapted to use with my iReal b for android and that can be used with other versions of ireal b, I didn't tried it with the web editor though.

The symbols I use are not standard music signs but I found them very useful. I use them as text notes below or over the chords.

in an earlier post I pasted the wrong files, this is the corrected post

here are the symbols:

↓↑←→✠♩♪♬ㄩㄩ╕╕ฯ ґ><‹›^⇂↾≒ЛлㅃᄇПпШш|│┃║┆┇
    ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩
    ¹²³⁴₁₂₃₄
    ⓐⓑⓓⓔⓕⓖⓗⓘⓙⓚⓛⓜⓝⓞⓟⓠⓡⓢⓣⓤⓥⓦⓧⓨⓩ
    ♡♥☜☞♜♖♞♘웃Ѽ↺∅

here are the symbols explained in an ireal b chart:

Aaa Useful Signs (Gig) (A)

Here are some examples of the symbols used inside charts:

Rolling in the deep:

Rolling In The Deep (Gig)

Voto Latino:

Voto Latino (gig)

Sweet child oh Mine (guns'n roses)

Sweet Child Oh Mine Pg1 (gig)

page 2 (this one has some symbols)

Sweet Child Oh Mine Pg2 (gig)

Thanks for the wonderful App. I enjoy it everyday!

Luis Moreno

Thank you for this amazing app! I have used band in a box previously for performing. This is much easier and portable being on my ipad!

One request, to have an "Intro" option in the playback mode choosing either the last 4 or first 4 (bars of the song). This would save adding 4 new bars at the beginning each song.

Thank you again for this amazing app.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmdane View Post
    Thank you for this amazing app! I have used band in a box previously for performing. This is much easier and portable being on my ipad!

One request, to have an "Intro" option in the playback mode choosing either the last 4 or first 4 (bars of the song). This would save adding 4 new bars at the beginning each song.

Thank you again for this amazing app.
    If you are on iOS or Mac you can easily do an intro by starting playback from the last 4 or 8 bars. Choose your measure and tap and hold on iOS or double click on Mac.

This has probably been mentioned before, but I'd like to see a "recently viewed" feature where you can roll back to to a list of songs you just viewed or played and an auto "play next song" feature which, when you've finished playing a song, will pick and start the next song in a playlist. Thanks! I use iRealB every day!

Have been using the app for some time and think its fantastic but............
    Any chance to change the count in from the basic metronome sound to something more realistic ie drum sticks - like in a real band.
    Another killer change for me would be the ability for bass to go from 2 to the bar into full swing like you can in Band In A Box - again more realistic.
    Other than that thanks for helping improve my playing significantly.

Default Syncopation Request

I would really like to have the ability to edit chord changes so that they could be placed on the off ( or & or up ) beat. It would be great to divide a bar into eighth notes so that chords could be placed off the beat in the rock styles? Example... The second chord in Sitting on the Dock of the Bay (available in rock styles) should fall on the & of 4. It would seem easy enough just to make 8/8 time available in the editing module. Then the chord changes could be syncopated correctly! All in all though, this is one great app! Thanks.

I have two requests, the primary one being a more direct way to sync the new or modified song files across multiple devices without having to go to the web. We're already forced to work through iTunes to sync audio and midi out (can't access like a real computer) so if we could do this with the song files as well, it would at least be consistent (and save a LOT of scutwork.)

The other is a repeated call for something asked for above - we could really, really use either an add-on the the Jazz pack, or preferably an Advanced Jazz Pack - to include rhythm patterns we commonly use that aren't in the current set:

most important - a play in 2 for the A, play in straight swing 4 for the B, then straight 4 for the middle choruses (like your Latin/swing), back to 2 for final - like a regular trio would typically do it.

then a Half time, similar to the double time but going the other way, for when the changes are slower than we want to play. Also a double time Latin as well as the DT swing.

and for existing pattern mods, one simple one:
    a way to add a full break - no drums, bass or keys - to any/all rhythms.

Plus my wide-eyed radical suggestion(I'd love it, but don't expect you to actually do it...)I would still love to be able to point to different voices in the playback - set bass to acoustic OR electric, piano to acoustic, electric, accordion, banjo, etc. - IOW if the sample set is present, be able to select it from any rhythm, or at least any in the specific library - any Latin, any swing - but then you couldn't swing electric bass...).

Hopefully, I've run out of suggestions (but there IS an edit function...)

Thanks for "listening," Massimo, you KNOW how much I love this app...