Page 17 of 56 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Feature requests

Quote Originally Posted by reconstructions View Post
    ... but all the drummers complain about how the kicks and the bass are on the 1st and 3rd beat, rather than just the first beat ...
    This probably will not help, but if you use Jazz Practice with piano and bass off, you end up with a click track for each main beat. Thanks for your idea.

Quote Originally Posted by DaleMac View Post
    ... exported files retain all setting assignments. I edit my scores on OSX and it's a hassle to redo all the tempos (and Repeat Times, and Styles) after I transfer them to my iPod.
    EDIT (sorry, coming out in v2.7)
    This should work already as the new song/playlist export format contains specific player settings. The settings need to be altered in order to save, for example, if chorus is already 3x and you want it exporting as 3x, change it to 4x then back to 3x. It also saves player style and tempo (bpm.)
    (You do not need to Play for the settings to save.)

Quote Originally Posted by dflat View Post
    This should work already as the new song/playlist export format contains specific player settings...
    Just checking, I have OSX Version 2.6 (1835). Is there a newer version? I "change and save" constantly but Tempos & repeat Times are never retained with I export/email to my iPod. Plus there are also some annoying minor bugs when I'm editing (fields for the key, tempo, composer, etc.)

Just checking, I have OSX Version 2.6 (1835).
    Mac v2.6 is the latest version (we are currently testing v2.7 which should be out in a few weeks.) What about your iPod? You can check in the Mac app store and iOS App store - it will show if there are updates for any software you have purchased there.

Yes, iOS is up to date (but I don't do any editing on my iPod). Looking forward to 2.7, Thanks!

This should work already as the new song/playlist export format contains specific player settings. The settings need to be altered in order to save, for example, if chorus is already 3x and you want it exporting as 3x, change it to 4x then back to 3x. It also saves player style and tempo (bpm.)
    (You do not need to Play for the settings to save.)
    sorry this will all work in Mac v2.7 - which will export player information - I was ahead of myself.

Default re: Click Track

I have noticed lately that downloads from the Forum do retain the settings, so that's Great! (You must be running 2.7 already there at the Corporate Headquarters!)

...if you use Jazz Practice with piano and bass off, you end up with a click track for each main beat...
    By the way (I'm sure I've seen this request before) I wish you would replace the count-in sounds with real drumstick samples. And for a two-bar count-in, the universal standard method is:

| click-(rest)-click-(rest) | click-click-click-click |

With the growing number of musicians using iRealb tracks on live performances, a less-clunky count-in would increase their "cool factor" immeasurably
    Last edited by DaleMac; 10-15-2012 at 05:25 PM.

So I guess the program you use to create styles is too proprietary to allow users to access it? Then the entire program would be public, and no one would buy it any more, is that the idea? Because I'm imagining how cool it would be if lots of "styles" were in the forum!

I have noticed lately that downloads from the Forum do retain the settings, so that's Great! (You must be running 2.7 already there at the Corporate Headquarters!)

we are testing v2.7. But iOS and Android should already import/export the new format, Mac v2.6 reads it also. Wait for v2.7 for exporting.

Thanks also for your idea about the click (rest.) You probably will not believe this, but when the idea of the player was first born, the intention was purely for musicians practicing (not live!)

Quote Originally Posted by Daskren View Post
    So I guess the program you use to create styles is too proprietary to allow users to access it? Then the entire program would be public, and no one would buy it any more, is that the idea? Because I'm imagining how cool it would be if lots of "styles" were in the forum!
    I do not think that was the intention. iReal b (iReal book was the original name) in the early days, provided charts with transposing only. There was no player. When the player was added, the original idea was so musicians could use it for practicing - as an in-app purchase, those wanting this feature could purchase it if they needed it.
    The style packs take time to create and there are many small adjustments we do to make them sound as best as we can, within the small confines of the different device specifications. It would take quite a lot of re-programming to open up for importing styles. I am not saying this will not happen in the future, but at the moment we are concentrating on adding other features.