Page 46 of 56 FirstFirst ... 36424344454647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: Feature requests

I would like an easier way of deleting large amounts of songs. I have found that usually a song i want to download a is part of a large playlist - as a consequence I get 100's of tunes when I only want one. Deleting unwanted songs one by one is very slow and tediuos.

Quote Originally Posted by tdq View Post
    I would like an easier way of deleting large amounts of songs. I have found that usually a song i want to download a is part of a large playlist - as a consequence I get 100's of tunes when I only want one. Deleting unwanted songs one by one is very slow and tediuos.
    On a similar theme I have huge amounts of duplicates. some with tiny deferences like the key was changed.
    It would be great if there was a duplicate finder.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobsax View Post
    On a similar theme I have huge amounts of duplicates. some with tiny deferences like the key was changed.
    It would be great if there was a duplicate finder.
    if they start with the same first word in the title, they will list in the song index, or run a search if they do not. Then you can sort through them and delete the ones you do not need.

Quote Originally Posted by dflat View Post
    if they start with the same first word in the title, they will list in the song index, or run a search if they do not. Then you can sort through them and delete the ones you do not need.
    yes but with 5000+ songs it's an arduous task. I've gotten as far as the "C"'s. Being able to open several songs/tabs at once (Mac) would speed it up.
    I know a lot of iOS and android only users but I work faster with a Mac.
    . Do the device users out number the Mac users?
    Last edited by Bobsax; 08-27-2014 at 10:50 AM.

Note please: also contains a Feature Request... :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by dflat View Post
    - export each instrument (mute the others) as an audio track then sync (should work, although I have not ever done it)
    I have done this in the past quite successfully, though the drums are still mono. What I do NOW is export midi and use my best VSTi library instruments - then I can also change bass notes that don't work with my inversions (principally the 3rd on beat one bar one of a four-bar subsection, sometimes it's cool, sometimes it muddies my voicings) Also, depending on key, I may want to change octave on some notes. Usually the only other things I change is to set velocities to 99% and length also, to avoid issues with my VSTi plugins (Trillian, Colossus, Kontakt etc.) And if I keep the keyboard part, I will transpose the top few notes down to more guitar-ish regions, and use a jazz guitar library. The results sound quite good, my customers love the result.

But it all depends on the purpose. I use these mostly through a mono guitar amp on the floor under the piano bar (none of which is my choice...) So even when I go to the DAW, I make two mixes, one mono for the gig and one stereo for other options - album, other gigs, etc. Or if I am just playing the audio track for the gig, mono is fine (wish it weren't :-) ) What WOULD be really useful is if we could save the audio track directly to iTunes. Seems too obvious, but I could not find a reference in the manual (the manual ALSO says "currently only the Jazz Pack is available", might be time to update?

Would be great to have the

Reduce
    Expand

Functions like Band in a Box. Either doubles of halves the duration of chords in a progression. This is terrific for practicing.
    Pete Martin
    www.PeteMartin.info
    Mandolin, Improvisation Instruction

Is a true walking bass line instead of a root note is possible ? Because no bassist does play only one note . He is the foundation of the Rhythm with the drummer so why just adding a true bass lines related to each chord ? Thanks .

Welcome new user....
    The various player STYLES available are included in the Android app.
    The iOS app has different options available for in-app purchase; including several style-packs.
    You will find the bass-lines in many styles very tasty and instructive. (and fluidly as well as musically walking)
    The first time you press the PLAY icon, the player doesn't begin playing immediately because the (very smart) player algorithm is constructing a start-to-finish track for the tune. Once that's complete, the track will count-in and play.
    The player algorithm creates a brand new track each time so bass-lines and comping won't be the same each time a track is constructed.

To get the most from the app(s) you really should take advantage of all the available musical styles.
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 08-28-2014 at 08:27 PM.

This topic has been written about before but I wanted to submit my request because the topic has become important to me. I have started to gig again (solo piano) and am using iReal Pro with about half of the tunes I play. For each gig, I prepare a playlist. I also have lists of tunes to choose from. Thus, I am beginning to have many playlists, which contain some of the same songs from list to list. I now find that there is little facility to edit, merge, and compare playlists within iReal Pro. I have partially solved the problem by using the Share feature to e-mail each playlist to my computer, saving the attached playlist to a file, and printing the file with a pdf printer driver to create pdfs of a list of the titles within each playlist. OK--so now I can more easily compare what's in each playlist, but I still can't merge the playlists. Nor can I go to a song title and find out if it is a playlist(s), and which list(s) it is in.

I know this may be a difficult request to fill, but please consider adding augmented playlist management to the program sometime in a future update.

I second this very very much!!!!

Especially the "which playlist does this tune appear in?" function.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith88 View Post
    This topic has been written about before but I wanted to submit my request because the topic has become important to me. I have started to gig again (solo piano) and am using iReal Pro with about half of the tunes I play. For each gig, I prepare a playlist. I also have lists of tunes to choose from. Thus, I am beginning to have many playlists, which contain some of the same songs from list to list. I now find that there is little facility to edit, merge, and compare playlists within iReal Pro. I have partially solved the problem by using the Share feature to e-mail each playlist to my computer, saving the attached playlist to a file, and printing the file with a pdf printer driver to create pdfs of a list of the titles within each playlist. OK--so now I can more easily compare what's in each playlist, but I still can't merge the playlists. Nor can I go to a song title and find out if it is a playlist(s), and which list(s) it is in.

I know this may be a difficult request to fill, but please consider adding augmented playlist management to the program sometime in a future update.
    Live freely. Respect the planet.