Page 41 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Thread: Feature requests

This is an easy one i guess:
    As a guitar teacher I would very much like the global transpose option to be expanded to any key; thus i would be able to, say, play a song in F# (by using a capo) while reading in E.

The option to ad melody and text, in order to create lead sheets, is another league i suppose, and maybe just goes beyond the scope of this straight ahead app; but it would definitely make it my number one app for gigs.

Bass players would love it if you could add an option to make the chord player's chords playback rootless.

I would be really glad if I could fine tune IReal B, there are lots of untunable instruments that are not really at A=440Hz.
    That's about the only thing missing in this otherwise great app.

Quote Originally Posted by ssr View Post
    I would be really glad if I could fine tune IReal B, there are lots of untunable instruments that are not really at A=440Hz.
    That's about the only thing missing in this otherwise great app.
    I hadn't noticed any pitch issues with the instruments .
    What in particular is out of tune?
    Bob

I thought he was requesting the ability to slightly adjust the global tuning of iRp to match an out of tune piano at a gig venue. (like the "master-tune" adjustment on a keyboard)
    )BOB

This is a re-post of a request I made over a year ago:

In the Jazz Styles Pack, there is a Latin/Swing style that is very useful and demonstrates the capability of the program to change styles during the playing of a song. I suggest that the developers create a ballad/double-time style that plays a song at the set tempo in a ballad style for the first and last choruses and plays in double-time for all of the other choruses.

I would find this a very useful style for soloing over ballads. Thanks!

To the I Real Pro team: thanks again for a great application! I use it everyday. I Real Pro has become an invaluable tool for my everyday teaching, performing, and practicing habits.

But there is always room for improvement!

As such, I'd love to see three features added:

1. The ability to trade fours, eights, or even entire choruses with the other instruments (including the drums). This is a standard performance technique used by almost every jazz band performing today. It would be an amazing addition to an already stellar application.

2. Stop time. I know I've mentioned this before, but this program really needs to have breaks. No drums. No instruments. No sound.

3. More styles. If I Real Pro added hard rock, punk, and metal, this application would instantly become an indispensable tool for guitar instructors around the globe.

Thanks again and best wishes from a dedicated I Real Pro enthusiast!

Stop time:
    An easy work around you can try, insert an A-B switch or tuner pedal (with a mute function) in the output line.
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 05-23-2014 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pdxdjazz View Post
    I thought he was requesting the ability to slightly adjust the global tuning of iRp to match an out of tune piano at a gig venue. (like the "master-tune" adjustment on a keyboard)
    )BOB
    That's exactly what I was thinking about! I would say it's absolutely necessary to be able to adjust the tuning of iRp (Chords and bass) to out of tune pianos etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ssr View Post
    That's exactly what I was thinking about! I would say it's absolutely necessary to be able to adjust the tuning of iRp (Chords and bass) to out of tune pianos etc.
    Options for now, if used with an amp or PA, a guitar pitch shifter might work well. For iOS (not older devices like ipad 1) see if there is a pitch shifter app that can be used within Audiobus as an effect.