Thread: Cuting and pasting bars in a template - entering new song in editor

Default Cuting and pasting bars in a template - entering new song in editor

Hello

I'm inputting a song that is actually BABAB and I would like to be able to use the 32 bar AABA template.

So my question is: using this template, can I copy the B section and paste it at the beginning on top of the first A section. So far I have been unable to get the cursor in front of the first A section.

I would also like to put a 4 bar intro before the first B section.

Or do I need to just start with a blank sheet and build it from scratch?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Reealin View Post
    Hello

I'm inputting a song that is actually BABAB and I would like to be able to use the 32 bar AABA template.

So my question is: using this template, can I copy the B section and paste it at the beginning on top of the first A section. So far I have been unable to get the cursor in front of the first A section.

I would also like to put a 4 bar intro before the first B section.

Or do I need to just start with a blank sheet and build it from scratch?

Thanks
    I find it easiest to start with the built-in 48 bar template. (4, 4space bars across each system, top to bottom)

First, I fill out the info (i) screen -- title, composer, suggested chart-style and key

Then I add a left-double-bar, time-sig, and rehearsal-mark (IN, V, or letter) in the first space. Press "save". I like to press "save" frequently as I go because I am often switching between a reference chart and the one I'm editing. If the app should inconveniently decide to re-start, by "saving" as I go, I can pick-up where I left off instead of starting over.

Next I fill in the chords, adding endings, repeats, S/N, symbols, text, changing bar lines as neccessary and finally deleting unused bar lines and adjusting space to position 2nd endings directly below 1st endings as I go.

If sequences are repeated later in the chart, I'll highlight, copy, paste to save time and then make corrections to the pasted section as required. Lastly, highlight/cut any remaining unused bars at the bottom of the chart

The final step is set the preferred player style, tempo and then play the chart to be sure it works/sounds like I want/expect.

Using the blank 48 bar template, you can easily put anything anywhere. It goes pretty quickly after you've made a few charts.
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 01-14-2018 at 03:13 PM.