Thread: Using iRig HD2 on MacOS ?

Default Using iRig HD2 on MacOS ?

Cheers to all,

I am new to iReal Pro. I would like to know if there is a way to plug iRig HD2 directly into iReal Pro on MacOS to hear the guitar feed with the sound track on the iRig monitor output (currently, only the iReal Pro output is played). I saw that there is a workaround set up with iReal Pro and AmpliTube on iOS, but nothing on MacOs. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Dan

I do not know if any of this will help...
    I have tested my older iRig Pro with a Mac running Sierra using Amplitube (demo version) and playing iReal Pro. Although there was a latency lag on my guitar sound (I did not check how much I could reduce the buffer size) I could hear both my guitar and iReal Pro at the same time using the headphone output on my Mac.

iReal Pro does not merge audio input with the player output, so I presume you would need audio software (like Amplitube) to handle the guitar audio or perhaps direct it to your headphones (even though they are both plugged into your iRig). My iRig does not have any headphone output. You might want to contact IK Multimedia support.

For complex audio setups, you might need to set up an aggregate device, but for my basic test I did not need to do this.
    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202000