Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Old Devil Moon - Burton Lane

Default Old Devil Moon - Burton Lane

I thought this lovely tune had become simplified over the years, so I decided to write a version going back to the original chords as they appeared in the score of "Finian's Rainbow". Transposed for female voice. I hope you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzcaz View Post
    I thought this lovely tune had become simplified over the years, so I decided to write a version going back to the original chords as they appeared in the score of "Finian's Rainbow". Transposed for female voice. I hope you like it.
    Your attempt to post a song chart/playlist was not successful.

There are detailed instructions here:
    http://www.irealpro.com/support
    (You can also select the "?" in a circle at the top of an app page)

Helpful info about posting songs and lists here:
    http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...ring-Playlists
    )BOB

While we wait for your version, here are a few others:

Old Devil Moon - Burton Lane

Old Devil Moon bg - Burton Lane

Old Devil Moon-Rev JE - Burton Lane

)BOB

Default Jazzcaz Charts - Old Devil Moon

I thought this lovely song had become a bit simplified over the years so I decided to write a new version based on the original chords from the score of "Finian's Rainbow". Transposed for female voice, I hope you like it. This is my first attempt to write something for iRealPro, so please let me know if it doesn't meet your rules or follow your protocols.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzcaz View Post
    I thought this lovely song had become a bit simplified over the years so I decided to write a new version based on the original chords from the score of "Finian's Rainbow". Transposed for female voice, I hope you like it. This is my first attempt to write something for iRealPro, so please let me know if it doesn't meet your rules or follow your protocols.
    https://www.irealb.com/forums/showth...7840#post47840
    )BOB

Old Devil Moon - Burton Lane
    This arrangement is played ala
    "Killer Joe"

Here is Miles Davis's arrangement from the album Blue Haze.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sEFQS7Hhc0

Old Devil Moon-Miles Davis Arrangement - Burton Lane

iReal Pro can't manage syncopated rhythms, so the pedal point is only approximate.

Cheers,
    Jer
    Last edited by engelbach; 01-04-2018 at 03:41 PM.
    Jerry Engelbach
    Pianist • Arranger • Composer
    Pátzcuaro, Michoacán, México
    Music Website
    Art Website
    The Internationale Website

In spite of the best efforts of conductors who demand rhythmic "perfection", musical notation is always subject to interpretation by musicians. No matter how finely you divide time, charts still remains just a guideline (for us humans).

When (if) iRp ever adds 8th's, some will say "why not 16th's, pushes, triplets?" The list (and the beat) goes on...

I've got a great hammer in my toolbox. I can do a lot with it. I enjoy using it.
    It's not a CNC-machine. I can live with that.
    )BOB

I know that iReal Pro was designed for instruction rather than performance.

But like many wonderful inventions originally intended for limited use, its genius has contributed to its outgrowing its original purpose. Toys have oftimes become tools. Rockets, for example.

Of course we'll always be asking that it do more, since it's not just a notation app, but one that sounds so good that we can't help but hope that it could get a little closer to the nuanced needs of accurate musical accompaniment.

As it is, it's almost unbelievable wonderful, and the price is ridiculously low. Yet I for one would be glad to pay much more for a few of the suggested features people have said they would like.

We'll just have to wait and see if the developers are interested in creating an iReal Super Pro. Either they or someone else is bound to do so eventually.

Cheers,
    Jer
    Jerry Engelbach
    Pianist • Arranger • Composer
    Pátzcuaro, Michoacán, México
    Music Website
    Art Website
    The Internationale Website

Default Old Devil Moon - Burton Lane

Old Devil Moon - Jazzcaz Version - Burton Lane
    I thought this beautiful tune had become simplified in recent years, so I went back to the original score of the musical “Finian’s Rainbow” and started again. Here is my version, transposed to a key suitable for female voice. Enjoy!
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 04-23-2018 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Moved ti existing song thread