Thread: What are the differences between Android and Apple versions

Default What are the differences between Android and Apple versions

I have been using the Android version of Ireal for several years and quite happy with it but as the price of Ipad 3 and Ipad 4 retina have become more realistic it would be nice to know if there are any differences that make the change more necessary or just appealing.
    1 What are the differences if any between the latest Ireal versions on Ipad v Android?
    2 I assume Apple gets upgraded first - what is the usual time difference between the two OS's
    3 Can the latest version and forethcoming versions of Ireal run on the Apple OS installed on ipad 3 or 4
    4 Not knowing anything about Apple products - can the OS be updated on those Ipads if necessary

1. There are minor differences between the iOS & Android versions.
    2. We usually update them at the same time.
    3. iReal Pro is supported on devices running iOS 9.3.5 or higher but I would recommend a device that supports iOS 10 and above.
    You find that info here for example: https://everymac.com/systems/apple/i...p-support.html
    4. Apple stops supporting iPads after a certain period - depending on what the processor can handle

I hope this helps.

Thanks. So not any advantage going for iPad. Still tempted as air turn seems to be more compatible as well as other music programs

Since Apple OS is not open source, the system is more reliable compared to the Android one - based on the past years' customer support
    So yes, I would still recommend the iPad

Happy Holidays!

Thanks Niki. Have a great Christmas

I was tempted by £25 discount at PC world. I assumed an os upgrade would be simple but required a call to support who advised me to install iTunes on my pc! It's working now. I have installed ireal but at the moment I prefer the cleaner look of the android version.

So which iPad did you get?

It’s the basic 9.7” 2017 model. The battery seems to last a long time. Garage band looks interesting. Still struggling with simple things like going back to the previous page

I like that iReal has the option to display repeat signs in red and chord input looks possibly better