Thread: Shortcut to start a song with cursor in the Search-Box? (OS X)

Default Shortcut to start a song with cursor in the Search-Box? (OS X)

Dear iReal Community,

since there's a lack of space at my piano to use a mouse, I prefer to use iReal with the keyboard only. After searching for a song with cmd-f and typing in the name, I would like to start it using the keyboard. But somehow I haven't found a way to do so: If the cursor is still in the search-field, using space-key will delete the entry (if enter-key was pressed before). Does anyone know a solution, how the song can be started without clicking onto the song name in the search-list by mouse? I'm using a Mac Mini with the small bluetooth magic keyboard.

Thank you in advance,
    DocMC

I am not aware of any way to do this and in the search, there may be more than one song showing, so by pressing [spacebar] or any other key to start play, it would not know which song to play. The mouse is required to click on a song in the search list to show in song view and having done this, then the spacebar would work.

However I will make a note of this and see if it is easy to implement something to help with this situation for the future but cannot promise anything at the moment.

I see there are small mouse devices (as well as trackpads etc.) but this one is very small and can operate in a small space, but there are presumably others.
    https://www.swiftpoint.com/product/s...nt-gt-mouse-2/

Thank you for picking up this topic. In fact I thought of using the tab-key to switch from the search-field to the search-list (... where one could select the song by cursors up/down and play it by space as it is already implemented). In fact this is somehow the standard way to navigate between fields on many webpages without using the mouse.

So I keep up following the next releases and hope, it can be implemented :-)

Hello DocMC,
    iReal Pro (Mac) v8.2.3 should do this for you.
    cmd-F, put in your search text, tab, arrow up (or down).
    Unfortunately it does not work in Full screen mode, nor will it work if you have been in full screen mode having exited it.
    (If you have done this and it does not work, exit full screen, quit then launch iReal Pro again so it opens in the normal window screen).

This is not ideal but it is the best we can do about it for now. Hopefully it is sufficient for you to use.