Thread: Jerusalem Ridge - Traditional

Default Jerusalem Ridge - Traditional

Here's a new chart for this. I redid it for a couple of reasons. I added the intro a la Tony Rice, Kenny Baker, et al. Also, I put the 2/4 measures in what seemed like a more logical place (and where I've seen them in the banjo tabs I've seen). Sorry the 3rd bar of the intro looks ugly, but it does play right.

Enjoy!

Jerusalem Ridge (with intro) - Bill Monroe

Thanks for starting the song discussion thread for this traditional jam tune.

I edited your chart according to iRp lay-out conventions
    http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthread.php?194-iReal-Pro-layout-conventions[/url]

I prefer to use - instead of m for minor. It takes up less space when chords are more complex and is used by most iRp charts.
    Check out S/N in the editor. It helps chords fit better in crowded measures.
    Bar-repeats were moved to the center of the measures)
    It's best to place time-sig changes to the left of the bar-line. It's not neccessary to change from 4-space bars for different time-sig's. But I left the 2/4 bars shorter to make it easier for some to read.
    It's best when song sections can start at the left edge of the chart.

Jerusalem Ridge (with intro) 1 - Bill Monroe

)BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 12-04-2017 at 02:58 AM.

Thanks! Definitely looks better. I'll learn something from this, and do it better next time.

You made a couple of mistakes though. The last chord of the C section, and the first of the D section, should both be A-, not A. Do you want to fix and re-post, or should I?

Quote Originally Posted by loonsailor View Post
    Thanks! Definitely looks better. I'll learn something from this, and do it better next time.

You made a couple of mistakes though. The last chord of the C section, and the first of the D section, should both be A-, not A. Do you want to fix and re-post, or should I?
    Oops, missed a couple of minors as I rocketed through. Thanks for spotting 'em. All fixed now.
    )BOB

Quote Originally Posted by pdxdjazz View Post
    Bar-repeats were moved to the center of the measures)

)BOB
    Thanks again for doing this. I understand and appreciate all of your advice except for this one. Please explain.

It's a cosmetic detail that mirrors standard sheet music.

https://www.irealb.com/forums/showth...7431#post47431

)BOB