Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Changing Time Signature

Default Changing Time Signature

Hello, I used to be able to change the time signature of any song until the recent update to iReal Pro. After the update I have not been able to do so. Does anyone know if this function is not available anymore? I really hope it is still possible to change the time signature as it is very useful for practice. I would really appreciate any help or suggestion you may have. Thanks!

Hello, sure, you can change the time signature. When you open the editor, tap on Chords and you will see the time signatures.
    There is a detailed tutorial inside of the app in Settings. Enjoy the app and have a nice Sunday

using ipad mini...don't see 'chords' where i can tap to change time sig. sorry if this has been answered elsewhere...please direct me.

select song > edit (the pencil) > keyboard > the 'space bar toggles between SYMBOLS and CHORDS > choose the time signature.

Can you provide the process (IOS) for changing the time signature at the start of the song? I cannot highlight it to change it. The first highlighted chord/symbol is the first chord of the song.

Quote Originally Posted by ldecola View Post
    select song > edit (the pencil) > keyboard > the 'space bar toggles between SYMBOLS and CHORDS > choose the time signature.
    In the editor, place the cursor in the space that you would like to begin a new (or different) time-sig.
    Then follow the instructions quoted above.
    The time-sig will be added to the chart ahead of the space with the cursor.
    If the cursor is in the first space of the song, the time-sig will be set (or re-set) for the song.
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 01-27-2017 at 11:14 PM.

Thanks for the quick response. I was thinking the cursor needed to be on the time signature to be able to change it.

Hello. I was albe to change the visible text of the time signature, but it did not adjust all the measures. For example, the default was 4/4 (with 4 beats in every measure). When I changed to 3/4, it changed the text top left, but still had 4 beats per measure.

Hello. I was able to change the key signature text as describe above, but the measures still showed the default beats. For example, the default was 4/4 with 4 beats per measure through all the bars. Then when I changed to 3/4 (showed the "3/4" top left), all the measures still showed 4 beats per measure. It did not adjust to 3 beats as expected.
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 12-05-2017 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Merged two posts

The time-sig change affects the player.
    If there are 4 chords in any bar, you'll get an error message.
    4-space measures are fine for 3/4 time.
    More:
    https://www.irealb.com/forums/showth...or-waltz-style
    )BOV

Quote Originally Posted by pdxdjazz View Post
    The time-sig change affects the player.
    If there are 4 chords in any bar, you'll get an error message.
    4-space measures are fine for 3/4 time.
    More:
    https://www.irealb.com/forums/showth...or-waltz-style
    )BOV
    I guess what I am asking, for a brand new file, it defaults to 4/4 with all the blank measures in the document set to 4 beats (40 measures for sake of discussion). I wanted to know how to change to 3/4 (for example) and the entire blank document changes to 3 beats per measure. Without having to delete a beat for all 40 measures individually.