Thread: Power PC (G4) running OS 10.5.8

Default Power PC (G4) running OS 10.5.8

Is there an old version of iRealPro that will work on a Power PC (G4) running OS 10.5.8?

Alternately, is there a version of iReal Book somewhere that would work on a PowerPC G4 running 10.5.8?

It's not so much for playing the MIDI files, but so I can deal with charts. It's a pain on my tiny Android phone screen, and that is my only other computer.

Unless there is a version of the software for Raspbian I could run on my Raspberry Pi ... but technically that is a question for another thread!

Thanks!

I'll leave it to admin to answer your questions about retro compatibility.

For my money, I'd get a 7” android wifi tablet. The app would be free since you already have it on your phone, just use the same Google play acct. That would defray some of your costs. Basic android tablets are available everywhere for less than $50. It would also run the latest version and be portable too.

Your profile says you sing. I should think you would find the iRp player feature to be really useful.

https://www.irealb.com/forums/showth...6637#post26637

My 2¢
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 02-24-2018 at 03:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by scichick View Post
    Is there an old version of iRealPro that will work on a Power PC (G4) running OS 10.5.8?

Alternately, is there a version of iReal Book somewhere that would work on a PowerPC G4 running 10.5.8?

It's not so much for playing the MIDI files, but so I can deal with charts. It's a pain on my tiny Android phone screen, and that is my only other computer.

Unless there is a version of the software for Raspbian I could run on my Raspberry Pi ... but technically that is a question for another thread!

Thanks!
    I'm sorry, you need OS X 10.6.8 or higher.
    If you can install Google Play Store on Raspbian, you can run the app from there.
    Here is a video I found about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xoqi-01FliI

Thanks for the replies!

I just found this:
    https://www.irealb.com/forums/showth...gacy-software)

So it DOES exist, but is unsupported.

I would be willing to try it, at my own risk, if I could find it anywhere. Now I am curious!

The Android on the pi is a Great suggestion! I will do it and post in the Android forum if it works well.

I have looked at cheap tablets, but I live on Social Security and the reality is, alas, I cannot even afford that at the moment.

And yes, as a vocalist I am finding this software incredibly helpful!

Thanks!