Thread: Bad, Bad Leroy Brown - Jim Croce

Default Bad, Bad Leroy Brown - Jim Croce

Need iReal Pro chart for this song. thank you in advance.

Bad, Bad Leroy Brown
    by Jim Croce
    Composed by Jim Croce

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QvwDohEEQ1E
    Last edited by ecoll65; 10-26-2017 at 03:48 PM. Reason: need chart

Default chart for Bad bad Leroy Brown

Is there a chart for Bad bad Leroy Brown?
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 10-26-2017 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Moved to existing thread

Here is the chart ecoll65 requested.

"Bad, Bad Leroy Brown" is a song with words and music by Jim Croce, recorded in 1972. It is a ballad, meaning that it is a narrative song (i.e., it tells a story); this is not to be confused with the jazz term ballad, meaning a song in 4/4 time with a slow to moderate tempo.

The song's structure is that of a strophic song with refrain, a strophe consisting of a verse and a refrain. In this form, the narrative part is presented in the verses, with a section called the refrain that repeats a short set of lyrics. A well-known example is "Yankee Doodle." For an expanded discussion of this topic, see my 6/9/2017 post to the forum here: https://www.irealb.com/forums/showth...ght=#post44565. In this song, Leroy's story is told in the verses, and the the refrain always starts with the words "And it's bad, bad, Leroy Brown."

The specific structure of the song is AAB AAB AAB ABB tag, with the A and B sections being 8 measures long. Thus, the first three verses are different from the fourth verse, which has ony one A section. In contrast, the fourth refrain repeats the B section. The tag is simply the last four measures of the refrain. In order to maintain this structure, the chord chart should be played through three times; the fourth verse, refrain, and tag are in the coda. Note that the recording has an introduction which I did not put in the chord chart.

This chart works well in the Pop-Shuffle style at 145 bpm.

Bad, Bad Leroy Brown - Croce

Thank You Keith!
    I always look forward to your helpful (and instructive) posts.
    )BOB
    https://www.irealb.com/forums/showth...1-Can-YOU-Help

Thanks for the chart, information was very informative.

You're welcome, ecoll65. Most of the charts that I use were created by others and I'm glad to make my contribution to the collection.