Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cannot email ANYTHING out of IREAL Pro in ANY format (SOLVED)

Default Cannot email ANYTHING out of IREAL Pro in ANY format (SOLVED)

I have an IPhone 6a. I was going to email a chart to a friend from my phone, (first time from THIS phone it's about a month old.) I went through the drill, I know how to do this, have done before. He has Ireal so I was gonna use IRP format. Did I forget how to type the destination address? I thought you just click beside To: and a virtual keyboard pops up. I click there & NOTHING happens so I can't enter an email. OK so I tried to do it via Facebook Messenger. It went as far as letting me select the recipient from my friends then threw an error. Tried a PDF as well. I don't have dropbox as an option. All email is working fine on this phone it is connected to wireless. Messenger is working fine too. This is an issue with iRealPro.

You have Airturn turned on (More>Airturn).
    Turn it off; (if you cannot see the Off button, you will need to turn on Bluetooth temporarily to turn it off there.)

Or if you have an Airturn device connected, you press the red button or the keyboard icon (on PED) (see your Airturn device’s instruction manual) which will bring up the virtual keyboard.

There is also information on this in Help (search for ‘keyboard’ or ‘email sending’ for instance).

I'm having the same problem since I upgraded my phone and iPad to iOS 11 - and I don't have Airturn installed on either device.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgani View Post
    I'm having the same problem since I upgraded my phone and iPad to iOS 11 - and I don't have Airturn installed on either device.
    Airturn shows OFF in More>Airturn?
    (if you do not have an Airturn device, you can still turn on the connection, which causes the problem).

Also, which model iPhone do you have?

Your problem is exactly the same, when you tap in To field of the email, the virtual keyboard does not come up?
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by dflat View Post
    Airturn shows OFF in More>Airturn?
    (if you do not have an Airturn device, you can still turn on the connection, which causes the problem).

Also, which model iPhone do you have?

Your problem is exactly the same, when you tap in To field of the email, the virtual keyboard does not come up?
    Thanks.
    Thank you for responding:
    My description was insufficient. What is happening is a problem when I attempt to share chord charts via email or message. I am able to send the email or message normally, however, when I tap the link received on the iphone or ipad, it will not open (normally ireal pro would come up and the song would appear in the menu).

I verified that Airturn is shown as off in More > Airturn
    The ipad is a gen 4 ipad mini; the iphone is a 7 plus. Ireal pro worked fine on both until I upgraded to iOS 11 recently.

I’ve got the same problems with my iPadPro and my iPhone 6s, since the update of iOS11. Airturn shows OFF. There’s no virtual keyboard comming up when I tap in To field of email.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgani View Post
    ... however, when I tap the link received on the iphone or ipad, it will not open (normally ireal pro would come up and the song would appear in the menu)...
    In new iOS 11 use the Share button to import the song. In the email tap on it as usual, Share (top right), tap on iReal Pro to copy it to import.

Quote Originally Posted by Triplethree View Post
    I’ve got the same problems with my iPadPro and my iPhone 6s, since the update of iOS11. Airturn shows OFF. There’s no virtual keyboard comming up when I tap in To field of email.
    We will have to look into this.
    What happens if you turn on Airturn then off again. Same problem? And you do not have a Bluetooth keyboard connected do you?

Hey guys, glad this issue has been brought up already as I've been having the same problem since updating to iOS 11. Any charts I e-mail from my MacBook will not load into iReal on any mobile devices that receive them. Everything works up until I click the link that redirects me to iReal with the new playlist downloaded. Any idea what's going on?

Quote Originally Posted by scottlynch View Post
    ... Everything works up until I click the link that redirects me to iReal with the new playlist downloaded. Any idea what's going on?
    Did you try #7 post here in this thread. It addresses the new way iOS 11 deals with the attachment in Mail. Instead of just tapping the playlist title, you have to use the Share button to import (similar to Open in).
    Is this the problem you are describing?