Thread: I Won't Cry Anymore - Al Frisch-Fred Wise

Default I Won't Cry Anymore - Al Frisch-Fred Wise

Love the tune, I Won't Cry Anymore (Dinah Washington; Cassandre McKinley - type versions); does anyone have a chart that this vocalist can give to her musicians? Thanks in advance. " }

"I Won't Cry Anymore"
    Performed by Dinah Washington
    Was composed by Al Frisch-Fred Wise

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1LLUXHiGZnc
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 10-09-2017 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Corrected thread title, added composer, youtube

Hi Heidimarie--

When I read this request, I realized that I had never heard of this song before this evening. I looked through my music collection but could not find a lead sheet for it. Therefore, I listened to the Dinah Washington version on Youtube and transcribed the chords for you.

There are other notable versions of this song, including those by Tony Bennett and Johnny Mathis. The chords are somewhat different in each version. However, you asked for the Dinah Washington version, and that's what you will get.

Thank you for introducing this lovely song to me, and thereby reminding me that my knowledge of the American songbook is much less complete than I'd like to believe.

I Won't Cry Anymore - Frisch - Wise
    Last edited by Keith88; 10-10-2017 at 09:57 AM.

Default I Won't Cry Anymore ---thank you, Keith! " } Heidi Marie

Quote Originally Posted by Keith88 View Post
    Hi Heidimarie--

When I read this request, I realized that I had never heard of this song before this evening. I looked through my music collection but could not find a lead sheet for it. Therefore, I listened to the Dinah Washington version on Youtube and transcribed the chords for you.

There are other notable versions of this song, including those by Tony Bennett and Johnny Mathis. The chords are somewhat different in each version. However, you asked for the Dinah Washington version, and that's what you will get.

Thank you for introducing this lovely song to me, and thereby reminding me that my knowledge of the American songbook is much less complete than I'd like to believe.

I Won't Cry Anymore - Frisch - Wise
    Thank you, Keith, that was lovely and kind of you---time to get to work on it! -Heidi Marie