Thread: Chords overlapping on IPhone 6s .

Default Chords overlapping on IPhone 6s .

Maybe I've got it wrong, but the input for chords in IREAL seems really counterintuitive.

Say I start with a blank 48 bar page in 4/4. I want to enter four chords, quarter note long for each. Bb7-Eb7b5-Cma7-G7+5, just as an example. First, when all those chords are enter, they visually overlap and just look bad. Second, the end of bar line ends up spliting the chord spelling so that half that chord overlaps the bar line into measure two.

If I move the bar line, the measure is no longer four beats and measure two is messed up. So frustrating. So how do you make an actual measure bigger in length so the written chords are not tripping over each other and are readable but also keep that measure at 4 beats?
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 12-08-2015 at 04:38 PM.

By using S and N in the editor (small/normal) chords can be made more readable in crowded measures.
    Remember, each N or S applies to all subsequent chords in the chart. When you use S to make a couple of adjacent chords fit better, please use N on the next chord to reset the rest of the chart.

By inserting space(s) you can make a measure longer but it will affect the appearance of the chart. Some additional adjustments may be needed. (Like shortening a nearby measure(s) that has only one chord to line things up)

Also consider whether it's really necessary to have that extended chord quality on that chord(s)
    Instead of X-7b5 you can use Xø.

)BOB