Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: You should replace songs in Main playlists with my edits

Quote Originally Posted by pdxdjazz View Post
    You can (should) edit your own posts that you believe contain errors/mistakes.

In a public forum with user-posted content, individual users must decide for themselves what works for them.
    You are welcome to share your opinions concerning the "correctness" of chords.
    You can certainly call chords or charts "FAKE" if you like.
    ...um, like...Fakebooks....?
    )BOB
    Bob it’s not in opinion. I’m not talking about opinions. I’m talking about the chords in specific published books. For instance the incorrect versions of the days of wine and roses with a B-flat minor seven should be purged and corrected .
    That is a huge mistake and I’m sure it has caused headaches for lots of students.
    With the bill Evans version there is still one chord that I can’t get. But I have the rest (based on several recordings)and I’m pretty confident they are correct. Anybody with ears who wants to check will agree with me. The version up now has a few glaring mistakes. It’s not an opinion.
    Don't post a playlist as the songs in a Realbook if the changes aren't from the book.
    If you do transcribe changes from a book put it in the title RB1, RB2, GGB, Sher, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Bobsax View Post
    Bob it’s not in opinion. I’m not talking about opinions. I’m talking about the chords in specific published books. For instance the incorrect versions of the days of wine and roses with a B-flat minor seven should be purged and corrected .
    That is a huge mistake and I’m sure it has caused headaches for lots of students.
    With the bill Evans version there is still one chord that I can’t get. But I have the rest (based on several recordings)and I’m pretty confident they are correct. Anybody with ears who wants to check will agree with me. The version up now has a few glaring mistakes. It’s not an opinion.
    Some folks enjoy hearing a dramatic chromatic minor-third walk-up in bar 6 from the G- to the Bb- (which, with the melody, becomes a Bb-Δ briefly on it's way to the Eb chord)
    You are entitled to your opinion (even if it's widely held). Others are entitled to theirs (even if you disagree)

If there were only one "correct" chord, there'd be no jazz. (That's my opinion)
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 01-25-2018 at 07:16 PM.