Thread: Safari error message for downloads Cannot Open Page

Default Safari error message for downloads Cannot Open Page

I bought a refurbished Ipad just to use it for gigs with IRealPro. I installed the IRP app on the Ipad, but cannot download any charts, not even single ones. Whenever I try I get this error message:

Cannot Open Page Safari cannot open the page because the address is invalid.

Needless to say this is quite frustrating, any help would be much appreciated.

Which iOS do you have?
    Could you share a specific link that gives you the error?
    Thank you!

Also what version do you have (in More)? Check it is up-to-date.
    There is a forums tab within the app. Did you try this?

iOS is 9.3.5 (13G36). I get the same error message for all the links including 1,300 jazz charts, any individual chart that I have tried to download, 50 Blues, 50 Latin, everything gives me the same error message.

Sorry I am new to this app and the Ipad. I don't know where to look for the version that I bought yesterday, that should make it obvious. When the app is open all I see right now are examples of things I can do, download 1000s of chord charts for free, etc. So I have zero charts downloaded and no real idea if the app is property installed and working correctly. Right now there are no live links in what I see on my Ipad screen, just promo stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by dflat View Post
    Also what version do you have (in More)? Check it is up-to-date.
    There is a forums tab within the app. Did you try this?
    Version 8.0.5

I am beginning to think that I don't have the app on my Ipad yet at all. The download took hours, and after several attempts to make things work, I did a search where you swipe down and type in . and it shows 0 apps on the Ipad. Please help me figure out what went wrong and how to fix it. And also how and where you download charts. I have a super fast fiber direct to home internet connection, so that is not the issue. Thanks.

The download of iReal Pro should have only taken a minute, not hours. Perhaps it was also downloading a system update at the same time or very busy wifi connection. (Also when you download a playlist of hundreds of songs, it should only take a few moments to download.)

When you do a general search on your iPad, press the Search button for it to initiate the search (iOS9.3) otherwise nothing will show.

You must have purchased iReal Pro, because you have given us the version number.
    You can check within the App store on your iPad under Purchased, or search for iReal Pro in there and see if it says Open (or Download, if you have mistakenly deleted it). Once it is downloaded, yes you should be able to import any song or playlist showing in Safari into iReal Pro. Check Safari is up-to-date by checking if it needs updating in the App store (it will list the apps needing updates).

You may need to swipe either to the right or left to see more apps you have on your iPad as they can occupy a few screens. (Later you can move them about so the main ones you use are together on the first screen and put a few on the dock at the bottom which stay there no matter which screen is showing.)

In iBooks, you can tap on Top Charts at the bottom, then Search (top right) for "iPad". There a manual called iPad User Guide for iOS 9.3. You can download this and read about how to use your iPad.

If you are getting frustrated at not having the main playlists from the forum you can email us at support and we can email them to you directly, but they should be easy to download yourself.
    In iReal Pro>More you can find the Help and Support. Look for instructions for downloading the playlists in Getting started.

Or you can tap Forums (at the bottom, near where More is), near the top, tap (Quickly download) Main Playlists then at the next screen, tap the playlists you want to download.

Does any of this help?