Thread: Anyone else having a Blue Stacks automatic transposition problem?

Default Anyone else having a Blue Stacks automatic transposition problem?

My Android tablet was down for awhile, so I resurrected Blue Stacks on my Windows 10 laptop. While working on "Infant Eyes" by Wayne Shorter, I noticed an odd thing --- while the proper key and chords were displaying, it was actually playing one whole step lower. I checked the settings, and it was in "C" mode, so it wasn't transposing for another instrument. While I was able to sing along, in order to play along on my keyboard, I had to transpose it up a full step. Of course, the chords symbols were wrong, but I could follow the actual Real Book melody. (By the way, "Infant Eyes" is in Eb, but the Real Book Volume 2 entry has it in C, with a weird combination of flats and sharps for the same notes in the melody. I found it in a Jazz Fake Book, tiny print, but in Eb, so I knew I was playing the melody correctly.) I checked other tunes, and Blue Stacks is automatically transposing everything. Has anyone else run into this problem? I've got my tablet going again, but I like using the larger screen and proximity of the laptop in my home studio.
    Last edited by skabiddy; 09-22-2017 at 11:11 AM.

You could try -
    - setting the global transpose to another instrument and back to C;
    - More, Reset all settings;
    - (backup) delete the app (presumably Settings, Apps within Bluestacks) and download a fresh copy from the App Store.

(Make sure your keyboard is reset to No transpose when you do your tests or use a tuner to check keys and audio key.)