Thread: Odd situation multiple iPad merging?

Default Odd situation multiple iPad merging?

Hi all, I have two iPads that I have put different charts in and would like to merge the library into one, is there anyway to do this via the cloud or my MacBook Pro?

Quote Originally Posted by Bporecki View Post
    Hi all, I have two iPads that I have put different charts in and would like to merge the library into one, is there anyway to do this via the cloud or my MacBook Pro?
    Here's one option,
    iPAD #1, Make a back-up: select "more" (songs,playlists,forums, MORE...) then backup (utilities)
    Share it with iPad #2 via email or airdrop. Identical charts shouldn't become duplicates.
    Then backup iPad #2 and share it with iPad #1.

)BOB

THANK THANK YOU!!!!! This is the perfect solution I was worried about duplicates, however iPad #2 doesn't seem to want to take the back up :-( I hold the back up link down and then choose "import with IRealB Pro", IReal B opens and a progress bar shows up on the bottom of the screen but nothing ever happens, the backup file looks to only be 4.2MB and iPad #2 is new and super fast so I'm not sure what the problem is...

I don't know either.
    I email the backup to myself, then Open it on my 2nd device. When I import to my iPad, I just tap the link, iReal pro opens automatically and....done.
    I suppose you could try Transfering through dropbox instead of email.
    It's a mystery....
    )BOB

Well I can't thank you enough, you got me on the right track. I won't bore you with the quirky way that I was finally able to get done but you gave me the road map for the right direction thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Bporecki View Post
    Well I can't thank you enough, you got me on the right track. I won't bore you with the quirky way that I was finally able to get done but you gave me the road map for the right direction thank you!
    That's good news.
    Please share what you learned.
    )BOB

Quote Originally Posted by pdxdjazz View Post
    That's good news.
    Please share what you learned.
    )BOB
    So it was odd, I exported the backup to Dropbox clicked on BACKUP to import and it imported all songs but wouldn't import the playlists, by the 3rd try it decided to accept the entire BACKUP with playlists, was weird but worked in the end.

Thanks,
    In the past, I've imported the backup (personal song library), then the playlists one by one.
    I try to remember to email myself a backup regularly (just in case)"
    Happy you got it sorted.
    )BOB