Thread: How to End a Song on Beat 1 with New Chord?

Default How to End a Song on Beat 1 with New Chord?

How can I end a song on Beat 1 of the final measure, when a new chord is also on Beat 1? I want the bass and drums (and any other instruments I'm using) to play on Beat 1 and then STOP. MANY songs end this way yet it seems iRealPro demands that all instruments play through to the end of the final measure.

It might work if I could use a 1/4 or 2/8 time signature for the last measure, but these don't seem to exist in iRealPro...

Thanks!

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by darkstream View Post
    How can I end a song on Beat 1 of the final measure, when a new chord is also on Beat 1? I want the bass and drums (and any other instruments I'm using) to play on Beat 1 and then STOP. MANY songs end this way yet it seems iRealPro demands that all instruments play through to the end of the final measure.

It might work if I could use a 1/4 or 2/8 time signature for the last measure, but these don't seem to exist in iRealPro...

Thanks!

Doug
    Use the END command in the editor (usually used to avoid ending on "turnaround" chords in the final measure.)
    Example:
    Vivo Sonhando (Dreamer) 2 - Antonio-Carlos Jobim

)BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 06-21-2017 at 10:04 AM.

Thanks so much. This seems to work for one song. On another song, I would like accompaniment to end on beat 3. So I placed the "End" symbol on beat 3, but still everything stops on beat 1. I guess it doesn't matter where "End" is placed? Is there a way to get everything to stop on beat 3?

Quote Originally Posted by darkstream View Post
    Thanks so much. This seems to work for one song. On another song, I would like accompaniment to end on beat 3. So I placed the "End" symbol on beat 3, but still everything stops on beat 1. I guess it doesn't matter where "End" is placed? Is there a way to get everything to stop on beat 3?
    Read this
    https://www.irealb.com/forums/showth...f-the-last-bar
    )BOB

Change to 2/4 time before the current last measure, then add one more measure and put END on the first beat of that newly added measure.

Example:
    Vivo Sonhando (Dreamer) 2 - Antonio-Carlos Jobim
    Last edited by nimbleswitch2; 11-20-2017 at 03:48 AM.