Thread: Don't Fence Me In - Cole Porter

Default Don't Fence Me In - Cole Porter

Anyone got a copy of Don't Fence Me In?

Also, I am very new to this. I don't even know how to download a song onto iRealb! Can anyone shine some light on this for me please? I have the program on my iphone & didn't realise that the real books don't automatically upload when you buy the program

Cheers
    Hibiscus

Here is Don't Fence Me In

Also, the easiest way to download songs is to visit the forum on the device you plan to use and click on the song title.

Good luck!

Here is a version of "Don't Fence Me In" with the verse preceding the A Section. There are some other variations to the changes as compared to the default chart in the Jazz 1400 collection, but--for anyone who wants the verse--here it is! There's a note to sing/play the verse/V Section at a Rubato tempo, and then to move into the Swing tempo at the A Section.

Sidebar: I can't adequately speak to the amazing range of Cole Porter; so many who really understand music have written lots of books about the man. But think about a guy who wrote enormously complex (yet still with powerfully compelling early-pop-style "hooks") and also very simple songs--and often wrote BOTH melody and lyrics. In the case of "Don't Fence Me In," though, Cole Porter paid a poet/historian from Helena, Montana--Robert Fletcher--for the rights to use one of Fletcher's poem as the foundation for a "cowboy song," and Fletcher was uncredited on the song until a legal settlement was reached after Kate Smith made the song a hit!

Hope this chart is of use.

Don't Fence Me In - w/Verse - dp - Cole Porter
    Last edited by storylyricwriter; 04-03-2023 at 04:25 PM.

Thanks for another nice chart. (Verses are hard to come by)
    https://www.irealb.com/forums/showth...jazz-standards

A slash can be used to extend a chord into the following measure and delay the sounding of the next chord to later than the 1st beat.

Try section C of this example chart in the player.

Bar Repeat Signs, Slash, N-C- - Example - Example

)BOB