Thread: Where is Bluetooth...?!

Default Where is Bluetooth...?!

I am trying to connect iReal Pro on my iPad to my keyboard's Bluetooth midi but I can't find any options in iReal that have to do with Bluetooth? The only post I found here said you should check the audio output on the left of the iReal screen but there is no audio output options anywhere? How the heck can I enable Bluetooth for iReal?

I think that you are in the wrong area, as you are interested in iRP for iPad. Nevertheless…

Bluetooth settings on an iPad are part of the operating system, not iReal Pro. To connect Bluetooth devices, open "Settings" (that's the grey icon with a gear inside it), find "Bluetooth" in the left column and press it, turn on the Bluetooth switch in the right column, and take it from there. For more info, do a web search.

(Thread moved from Mac forum to iOS)

As far as I know, the only available external control function for iReal pro using bluetooth is the airturn feature.
    Page turn forward/back and player start/stop.

The app doesn't accept other commands via Bluetooth (or midi) at this time

The app can compile a midi file of the as-played player track for a song. This file can be shared using airdrop between iOS devices or sent using email. The midi data isn't shared in real-time and the drum-track mapping is non-standard.
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 05-14-2017 at 12:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith88 View Post
    I think that you are in the wrong area, as you are interested in iRP for iPad. Nevertheless…

Bluetooth settings on an iPad are part of the operating system, not iReal Pro. To connect Bluetooth devices, open "Settings" (that's the grey icon with a gear inside it), find "Bluetooth" in the left column and press it, turn on the Bluetooth switch in the right column, and take it from there. For more info, do a web search.
    Ah, sorry, I thought I had posted this in the right forum but apparently not.

In the manual of mmy digital piano, a Kawai ES110, it says that you have to enable Blutooth from within the app you want to use, not the system. The system won't see my piano somehow. But well, this clearly had nothing to do with iReal, I understand now so I will have to investigate this further elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by pdxdjazz View Post
    (Thread moved from Mac forum to iOS)

As far as I know, the only available external control function for iReal pro using bluetooth is the airturn feature.
    Page turn forward/back and player start/stop.

The app doesn't accept other commands via Bluetooth (or midi) at this time

The app can compile a midi file of the as-played player track for a song. This file can be shared using airdrop between iOS devices or sent using email. The midi data isn't shared in real-time and the drum-track mapping is non-standard.
    )BOB
    Ok, thanks. I had the impression iReal Pro could play audio through Bluetooth speakers...? And I presumed my piano could act as speaker. I don't mean to control anything with it. I must have been misinformed in various ways then.

Quote Originally Posted by JvanE View Post
    Ok, thanks. I had the impression iReal Pro could play audio through Bluetooth speakers...? And I presumed my piano could act as speaker. I don't mean to control anything with it. I must have been misinformed in various ways then.
    Again, it has nothing to do with the iRp app, it's the audio output of your device.
    With bluetooth "ON" in both devices (iPad and speaker) check the list of "discovered devices"(Systems > Bluetooth)
    Select the device you want to "pair" with your iPad. You can "pair" with only one Bluetooth device at a time.

Additional wireless external keypad or headphones or other Bluetooth speaker must show "Not Connected" in order to "pair" with a new device. (Your Kawai that you wish to use as an external speaker)
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 05-15-2017 at 02:16 PM.