Thread: Does A Change Of Key/Speed etc. Change The Song In My Songlist?

Default Does A Change Of Key/Speed etc. Change The Song In My Songlist?

Hi, if I change the speed of key etc. of a song I am practising, does it change the song in my playlist? The obvious thing to do is to try it - i did, twice, once it changed the playlist song and once it didn't. Presumably I'm missing something simple. Sorry for the total noob question, only just got iReal Pro and already love it - I'm making more progress in hours than in weeks without it. I'v been a classical pianist for many many years and it's zero to hero (I hope) in 9 months as a jazz pianist - started in January

Feel free to shift this elsewhere if it's in the wrong spot - checked help/manual/Google and couldn't find this so must be embarrassingly obvious!

Quote Originally Posted by DocHoliday View Post
    Hi, if I change the speed of key etc. of a song I am practising, does it change the song in my playlist? The obvious thing to do is to try it - i did, twice, once it changed the playlist song and once it didn't. Presumably I'm missing something simple. Sorry for the total noob question, only just got iReal Pro and already love it - I'm making more progress in hours than in weeks without it. I'v been a classical pianist for many many years and it's zero to hero (I hope) in 9 months as a jazz pianist - started in January

Feel free to shift this elsewhere if it's in the wrong spot - checked help/manual/Google and couldn't find this so must be embarrassingly obvious!
    Here's how it seems to work, adjusting player settings or song transpose settings of a chart while in song-view only adjusts that chart where it is located.

Add a song to your library in Ab, med swing, 100. Add it to several playlists...the charts and settings are the same.
    Changing the settings on the chart in playlist 1 to Bb, Bossa, 140 only alters that one chart (in playlist 1)
    If you open that chart in the Editor, you will see (and edit) the default key and style and any changes will be reflected on that chart in the main library and playlists. The player and key settings you selected earlier will remain for the charts in the different locations.

If you make (for example) a "Practice Charts" playlist and add songs you are working on from your library, changes to the key and player settings you make to the charts in the playlist only affect them and won't affect the charts in the library or other playlists.

More
    https://www.irealb.com/forums/showth...1813#post21813
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 05-11-2017 at 12:05 PM.