Hellos everyone,

first, thanks for a great program and a very good forum and support! Second, my apologies for again bringing up this topic, but I don't seem to be able to do what I am trying to do (enter a new song which is transposed), and can't wrap my head around the previous instructions I have found, like this one:

https://www.irealb.com/forums/showth...trumpet-player

Short description of my problem:

- I have a written song melody with chords, already transposed for a Bb instrument, tenor sax.
- The melody on paper is in D major (or h minor, I don't know, it's Bob Mintzer's "Ballad"...)
- I'm trying to enter it as a new song the way it is written. First chord on notes is DMaj7
- Whatever sequence of entering the chord, setting the key or setting-and-transposing the key in the editor, and then setting the key and global transpose in iReal, I can't seem to find a way to end up having the same chords as the written melody and having the same key.

I'm not really proficient in musical theory or chords, but have some basic understanding (at least I know that I don't know )

Would anyone be able to push me in the right direction and showing me the steps required to end up with the correct chords and key in the final song? Help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Rainer