Thread: Desert Moonlight - Lee Morgan

Default Desert Moonlight - Lee Morgan

Hey,
    New to the forum but a longtime iReal user. I searched for this tune and didn't find it, so I got off my butt and made a chart. Two, actually. One for the head and one for the solo changes from the Jazz Ltd book (at least as close as iReal's chords get, can that be edited?). Let me know if you catch any mistakes and I'll edit the charts.

Desert Moonlight - Head Version - Lee Morgan

Desert Moonlight - Solos Version - Lee Morgan

Thanks for posting this tune.
    I consolidated your two charts into one. The number of solos that the player inserts is set using the player's form-repeat count setting.
    Please check bars 4 and 5 of the solo's A-section, I switched them from your chart.

Desert Moonlight - Lee Morgan

)BOB

Hi BOB,
    That version doesn't play correctly because the D.S. made the A-section of the Solos repeat once.
    This plays correctly - I used the IN chorus to create a D.S. and Fine to save space (12 lines! )

Desert Moonlight [Correct Structure] - Lee Morgan

Brilliant idea.
    Thanks
    )BOB

Thanks for helping tidy up this chart. I don't find iReal as easy to work with as other programs for notation, and this was my first chart. I made a change to the latest version, there's an Eb7 in the head that should have been an EbMaj7. The melody note there is a D natural. It's wrong in the Jazz LTD book, too.

Desert Moonlight [Correct Structure] - Lee Morgan