Thread: Is it possible/practical to run iReal pro on a Chromebook?

Default Is it possible/practical to run iReal pro on a Chromebook?

Hi,

Has anyone tried running iRealB on a Chromebook that supports Android apps?
    If so, what was your experience like?
    Is it practical to use a Chromebook on the bandstand for displaying chord charts?

Thanks,
    Jonathan

Hi,

I use it on an Acer R11. It is both possible and practical. The only difficulty I had is to make it import the html backup file (to import my song). The android apps do not have direct access to the chrome os filesystem. I had to use ES File manager to access the html file, then to "open in another app" to make it accessible to iReal pro.

The other problem is that in "tablet mode", the hardware fullscreen key is not accessible. So either you put in fullscreen before going to tablet mode, or you stay in normal mode. I think both issues are meant to be corrected by google in the future (but dunno when...).

Apart from this two issues (which are note specific to ireal pro), it works pretty well.

Default iReal on Chromebook?

Hi all,

Just wondering if iReal will work on a Chromebook.

It generally uses the same apps from the Google Store that my android phone uses, but is it the same case with iReal?

Cheers!

Jim
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 08-06-2019 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Moved to existing thread

I tried this today.
    I found it quite a frustrating experience. Keyboard navigation is useless and there's next to no way to share files with a phone.

I'm surprised there's so little sight of progress on this. Chromebooks are widely used, not least in education - a target demographic.

The Use Case of writing stuff on a laptop and playing in a phone in the practice room seems obvious to me.

Quote Originally Posted by lesacks View Post
    I tried this today.
    I found it quite a frustrating experience...
    Hello, you might like to add your comments to the Feature Request area of the forum so we have them for review.
    Thank you.

would this work on a chrome book? I exclusively use ios version but thought of buying it for chrome book because it would help it read and look better. i really appreciate the charts.
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 07-04-2022 at 09:13 PM. Reason: Moved to existing discussion thread

Although it is designed for Android tablets/mobile, it can be run on Chromebooks. (We may make some improvements for keyboards etc. in the future.)
    https://technimo.helpshift.com/hc/en...th-chromebook/
    Last edited by dflat; 07-05-2022 at 04:14 PM. Reason: added URL