Thread: My playlist - how do i insulate a separate list to preserve and make changes?

Default My playlist - how do i insulate a separate list to preserve and make changes?

I save songs in my key from Jazz 1300 to my own list, which I've named "my Playlist." Then I may want to edit the chords. My problems:
    1. When I go into edit, the chart reverts back to the original key it was posted in, in Jazz 1300. That means I have to transpose back to the original key the chords I'm working out in my key. Any way to prevent this?
    2. Related query: I don't want to change the chart in Jazz 1300 - I'm not at all fussed that the chord changes I hear may not be what others want to play. So, how can I insulate my "My Playlist" from going back into the bigger pool?
    I suspect/hope that these two questions can be solved with one answer, as to how I can insulate my "My Playlist" ...

Quote Originally Posted by lismalo View Post
    I save songs in my key from Jazz 1300 to my own list, which I've named "my Playlist." Then I may want to edit the chords. My problems:
    1. When I go into edit, the chart reverts back to the original key it was posted in, in Jazz 1300. That means I have to transpose back to the original key the chords I'm working out in my key. Any way to prevent this?
    2. Related query: I don't want to change the chart in Jazz 1300 - I'm not at all fussed that the chord changes I hear may not be what others want to play. So, how can I insulate my "My Playlist" from going back into the bigger pool?
    I suspect/hope that these two questions can be solved with one answer, as to how I can insulate my "My Playlist" ...

See if this helps
    https://www.irealb.com/forums/showth...transposed-key

Unless the default key is changed, charts in the editor are always displayed in the default key (as set in the editor).

To leave the original chart unchanged, you can edit a "duplicate", add your initials in place of the added number in the title, reset (and transpose) the default key as desired and make any other edits. Then add it to your playlist.

Every song/chart and version you have will be stored in your main song library.
    Select songs from your library to put in playlists. Those charts will also remain in your song library.

That's why it's helpful to label different versions with actual information (All Of Me rb6) rather than the number automatically added to the next [same] title added to your library (by editing a duplicate or by importing from elsewhere)
    The numbers in your library could be different from the numbered titles in someone else's library.

)BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 02-10-2017 at 11:21 PM.