Thread: Staff Text

Default Staff Text

I'm sure I am doing something wrong but when I use the caret symbol next to the text field to place the text above the chords, as in 'Intro' for example, the text always ends up beneath the chords. I tried the same thing with the ios editor on my ipod, again with the same results. Any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by deselby View Post
    I'm sure I am doing something wrong but when I use the caret symbol next to the text field to place the text above the chords, as in 'Intro' for example, the text always ends up beneath the chords. I tried the same thing with the ios editor on my ipod, again with the same results. Any help would be appreciated.
    Add the text first then arrow up.
    Are you using Firefox or Safari, these are the browsers the web editor should work with.
    Last edited by dflat; 05-15-2011 at 05:56 PM. Reason: clarified answer

Quote Originally Posted by dflat View Post
    Add the text first then arrow up.
    Are you using Firefox or Safari, these are the browsers the web editor should work with.
    I have tried both Firefox and Safari with no success.

Could you give me details of your computer? Thanks.
    PC or Mac and which OS is it using? And have you recently run updates to the OS?
    Also which versions of Firefox and Safari are you using?

iPod-
    I need to be sure you know what to do (but I presume you are doing this)
    - tap on a beat
    - Tap the Text tab
    - enter some text (you should see this enter underneath the measure)
    - tap or hold on the Up arrow to the right of the text box (it should start moving upwards)
    If this does not work, you could try completely turning off your iPod then restarting it then opening iReal b and testing again.
    If it is still not working, is there anything else not working in it (transposing works, adding playlists, adding chords, playing etc. because it might need re-installing - if you do this, remember to do a backup so you can import all your songs and playlists again.)

Thank you. Now I get it. I didn't realize that it moved up by degrees. It was '- tap or hold on the Up arrow to the right of the text box (it should start moving upwards)' that clued me in.

Quote Originally Posted by deselby View Post
    Thank you. Now I get it. ...
    Good news. Glad you can work it now. Thanks for the reply.