Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wrap Your Troubles In Dreams - Harry Barris

Default Wrap Your Troubles In Dreams - Harry Barris

I don't know who put together the RB 3 Playlist but just C&Pasting the charts from other playlists doesnt cut it and can lead to disasters on stage. I found 2 arrangements on this forum and neither was the one that the RB 3 uses or the Grantham Blue Gig Book .

I make no judgments on the chords but these are the ones in the RB3

Wrap Your Troubles In Dreams RB3 - Harry Barris
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 01-13-2017 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Fixed song thread title
    Don't post a playlist as the songs in a Realbook if the changes aren't from the book.
    If you do transcribe changes from a book put it in the title RB1, RB2, GGB, Sher, etc

Thanks for starting the song discussion thread for this tune.
    )BOB

Wrap Your Troubles In Dreams - Harry Barris
    Another take on this tune. This tune can be re-harmed ad nauseum!
    Last edited by raymb1; 01-14-2017 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobsax View Post
    I don't know who put together the RB 3 Playlist but just C&Pasting the charts from other playlists doesnt cut it and can lead to disasters on stage. I found 2 arrangements on this forum and neither was the one that the RB 3 uses or the Grantham Blue Gig Book .

I make no judgments on the chords but these are the ones in the RB3

Thanks, Bobsax.

I think the F7 in the second A section is wrong, as the melody is on E natural. It should be G7, as in the first A, no?

Cheers,
    Jer
    Jerry Engelbach
    Pianist • Arranger • Composer
    Pátzcuaro, Michoacán, México
    Music Website
    Art Website
    The Internationale Website

F Maj 7 for the melody and F7 or F13+11 for the solos. That's the way we play the tune.

Quote Originally Posted by engelbach View Post
    Thanks, Bobsax.

I think the F7 in the second A section is wrong, as the melody is on E natural. It should be G7, as in the first A, no?

Cheers,
    Jer
    You are right Jeri ,Oddly the version I did doesn't have the F . I don't know how it got there . I'm pretty sure the F is in the original IRP version so somebody out there likes it.
    here is the correct chart . Perhaps a mod can fix ? Sorry
    Last edited by Bobsax; 01-14-2017 at 08:13 PM.
    Don't post a playlist as the songs in a Realbook if the changes aren't from the book.
    If you do transcribe changes from a book put it in the title RB1, RB2, GGB, Sher, etc

Bobsax,
    If it is your intention to post an accurate transcription of the RB3 changes, please specify which of the two charts you've posted labeled "RB3" is correct as the voicings are quite different. (and I'm not referring to Jer's suggested correction)
    When there's agreement that you've provided an accurate RB3 chart, I'll correct your post which I copied to the RB3 thread.
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 01-14-2017 at 08:19 PM.

Sorry the one titled RB3 1 with the F in the last A section is a mistake Hopefully it can be purged
    The one I just posted should have that F7 removed .
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxdjazz View Post
    Bobsax,
    If it is your intention to post an accurate transcription of the RB3 changes, please specify which of the two charts you've posted labeled "RB3" is correct as the voicings are quite different. (and I'm not referring to Jer's suggested correction)
    When there's agreement that you've provided an accurate RB3 chart, I'll correct your post which I copied to the RB3 thread.
    )BOB

Quote Originally Posted by raymb1 View Post
    F Maj 7 for the melody and F7 or F13+11 for the solos. That's the way we play the tune.
    raymb1,

That's fine, but the chart then would need to have separate sections for the head and the solos.

Although I don't care for the FMaj7 sound on the head.

Cheers,
    Jer
    Jerry Engelbach
    Pianist • Arranger • Composer
    Pátzcuaro, Michoacán, México
    Music Website
    Art Website
    The Internationale Website

Quote Originally Posted by Bobsax View Post
    Sorry the one titled RB3 1 with the F in the last A section is a mistake Hopefully it can be purged
    The one I just posted should have that F7 removed .
    Read my post again....it's NOT about that erroneous F7. (None of your posted charts are labeled RB3 1)
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 01-14-2017 at 08:29 PM.