Thread: Yakety Sax (Benny Hill Thème) - James Q. "Spider" Rich-Boots Randolph

Default Yakety Sax (Benny Hill Thème) - James Q. "Spider" Rich-Boots Randolph

Benny Hill Thème - Unknown Composer
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 01-05-2017 at 04:24 AM. Reason: Edited thread title

Yakety Sax" is a pop-jazz instrumental jointly composed by James Q. "Spider" Rich and Boots Randolph. Boots Randolph, a saxophonist, popularized in his 1963 recording. Comedian Benny Hill later made it more widely known as the theme music of The Benny Hill Show.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakety_Sax

Remember to include composer information on charts posted in the forums.
    Google is your friend.
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 01-05-2017 at 04:22 AM.

Boots did it in G which I think is easier . Maybe cause I learned it in that key Most string bands prefer G
    Thanks for posting
    Don't post a playlist as the songs in a Realbook if the changes aren't from the book.
    If you do transcribe changes from a book put it in the title RB1, RB2, GGB, Sher, etc

Default Yakety Sax

Yakety does appear to be the correct spelling
    I took this from the Benny Hill theme in another thread.
    I noticed the bridge was different (or wrong) in that chart so this is the update with the proper name.
    Note the song is really When The Saints Come Marching In ...in 2 keys G and C.
    Yakety Sax - Boot Randolph
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 05-23-2018 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Moved to existing song thread
    Don't post a playlist as the songs in a Realbook if the changes aren't from the book.
    If you do transcribe changes from a book put it in the title RB1, RB2, GGB, Sher, etc

Default Yackety Sax by James Q. Spider Rich and Boots Randolph

YacketySax - James Q. Spider Rich and Boots Randolph

i realize that this is already in iReal Pro, but i think there is a refrain in a different key. (G to C). Please let me know if i'm wrong.

theodop
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 10-07-2020 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Moved to existing song thread

Please review the guidelines for posting charts:
    https://www.irealb.com/forums/showth...-and-playlists

Thanks for sharing
    )BOB