Thread: How to open files with iReal Pro Windows (Android) version?

Default How to open files with iReal Pro Windows (Android) version?

I am using the android version on Windows 11. I was sent some iReal Pro HTML files, but I can't figure out how to open them with the app. I am unable to open it in the file finder because iReal Pro doesn't show up as an app on Windows, and there is no open button in the app itself.

Windows 11 with WSA
    (Microsoft is closing down WSA support in 2025 information)
    If you are using the Amazon version of iReal Pro and have WSA installed:
    Move the files to your Windows Downloads folder if not already there.

Preliminary: Check File sharing is on... Windows, open WSA (this is a Windows program) > Advanced Settings > Experimental features > "Share user folders". By default it should be ON.
    (If you have to turn it on, WSA needs to restart so then WSA System > Turn off WSA. Then open WSA again. "Share user folders" should now remain on. If it is turned off, you might see the Windows (shared) folder but with no contents showing.)

To import your iReal Pro formatted files: Open WSA > System > Files. The (Subsystem for Android) File Browser opens, showing your Android folders and the (shared) Windows folder.
    Open the Windows folder with a click, then your Downloads folder;
    Click your iReal Pro file to import;
    An import window opens, choose iReal Pro. iReal Pro's Import Preview window should open. Click to Import. (For playlists, you have the option to click through its songs to select only one song to import.)

Windows emulator
    information in here (you need to have the file inside your emulator for it to find iReal Pro as an app option to open (import) the file.