Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Airturn: Page turn foot pedal

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Airturn: Page turn foot pedal

Hello,
    Will it be possible to connect AirTurn BT-105 with 2 ATFS-1 Footswitches with iReal b?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Robinotwit View Post
    Will it be possible to connect AirTurn BT-105 with 2 ATFS-1 Footswitches with iReal b?
    We are aware of this product. Most songs so far have been able to fit in one page so we have not added this feature for the moment. However we may do this in the future. Thanks for the reminder.

Thumbs up Yes, very important ! Footwich & Also more space , more pages !

thanks Massimo for iReal b
    More pages is the best for more big songs!
    And Also more grooves : acidjazz, Lounge, chillout, jazzFussion, latín fusión ( more € for you & more satisfaction for all the users )

The part of piano ; genial rhodes, but guitar ... Not very good
    Yes : Organ B3 &. VIBES
    pelase this two instruments change in the zone of harmony
    PLEASE !!!

Exclamation Footswitch Needed with iRb

Quote Originally Posted by dflat View Post
    We are aware of this product. Most songs so far have been able to fit in one page so we have not added this feature for the moment. However we may do this in the future. Thanks for the reminder.
    I'm visually impaired bassist. Your app on an iPad has changed my life! No kidding. I can read changes easily for the first time in many years. Not to mention the huge collection of charts I now carry in my slim, trim device.

So, I am deeply grateful for this wonderful bit of technology!

Now, I want to weigh in on the need for a footswitch.

Even when using a list of 1-page charts, we often play "medleys" of 3 or more songs. This requires turning pages both forward and backward to play the arrangement. More generally, I use iRb to write arrangements of single songs that need two pages. In many cases an intro or segue that appears early in the chart (I.e., on the first page) wile be jumped to from the second page. These are just two examples of why/how page turning in the middle of a performance is unavoidable and frequent for a working jazz musician such as I. It's often a challenge to make the page turns and keep the flow of a performance, especially when using a bow on my bass.

So, I would see the addition of a foots with as a great leap forward.

Default Hands Free Control of the iRB Display Needed

ADMIN EDIT, THIS POST MOVED TO HERE

iRb is one of the most useful apps for musicians that has been developed to date!

However, as a working pro jazz player, it is completely that iRb's practical value would be greatly magnified if it could be controlled by a footswitch such as the Airturn BT-105.

At the least, Hands free control of page would be of enormous value.

I play a number of latin charts, for example, that are more than one page i can't afford to take my hand off of my instrument to "swipe" a new page Even when using a list of 1-page charts, we often play "medleys" of 3 or more songs. This requires turning pages both forward and backward to play the arrangement. More generally, I use iRb to write arrangements of single songs that need two pages. In many cases an intro or segue that appears early in the chart (I.e., on the first page) wile be jumped to from the second page. These are just two examples of why/how page turning in the middle of a performance is unavoidable and frequent for a working jazz musician such as I. It's often a challenge to make the page turns and keep the flow of a performance, especially when using a bow on my bass.

I don't think these needs are uniquely mine. Page turning has interfered with musicians since they began using written notation.

I hope the iRb developers will address this need very soon.
    Last edited by groovenator; 08-23-2011 at 02:41 AM. Reason: Spell correction

implemented in iOS v4.6 (and above):
    play, stop, previous song, next song (programmable) (see below)
    (not available for Android as at August 2013)

Some links from the forum about Airturn:
    http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...ltiple-devices
    http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...8659#post18659

Link to Airturn:
    http://airturn.com

Using Airturn BT-105 (two pedals) iReal b's default settings will work:
    Pedal 1 (left) - Back (previous song)
    Pedal 3 (right) - Next (next song)
    If you use a playlist live with the player, you might set it to:
    Pedal 1 (left) - Play
    Pedal 3 (right) - Next
    (The left pedal toggles between play and pause—useful for teaching perhaps, the right pedal is inactive during playback.)
    You can also add an additional two pedals for a total of four if needed (see their website for more information.)

--- NEW 2013 ---
    Digit and Digit II are bluetooth hand-held controllers similar to their BT-105 foot pedal system.
    Digit has six membrane buttons and two ports for plugging in up to four foot pedals if needed.
    Digit II is smaller and can easily attach to your key ring. It has five buttons, no pedal ports.

Like the BT-105, they have different operating modes—their default mode 3 works with iReal b. (Other functions include iTunes mode, camera functioning, activating Siri on iOS devices, presentation modes.)

Digit
    within iReal b, Settings>Airturn you might find changing the settings to these works better for you:
    Pedal 1 - Stop (up)
    Pedal 2 - Back (left)
    Pedal 3 - Play (down)
    Pedal 4 - Next (right)

(Digit II settings might be slightly different)
    Last edited by dflat; 10-04-2013 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Updated with information on Digit, Digit II

I've just got an airturn pedal and it's great. Will there be more implementation of other functions and their assignments to the pedal in the future?

Two uses i myself would love to see would be:

1. The ability to assign one of the buttons to do the same function as the "playlist" button that takes you back to the song list when in a chart for example. Sometimes the bands I play with mix it up and change sets on the fly, so having one button to go forward a page/song and one to go back to that list would be great.

2. The ability to assign one button to jump straigt to one of the 4 main functions (songs/composers/styles/playlists) would also be handy.

Quote Originally Posted by bassmaniac69 View Post
    I've just got an airturn pedal and it's great. Will there be more implementation of other functions and their assignments to the pedal in the future?
    Glad you are finding it useful. There are no plans at the moment for any changes in the next update.
    You would still have to navigate to the new playlist and song, so you would only be saving time on a couple of quick taps.
    If you have an ipad, you might find it useful to use it in landscape so at least the current playlist is visible all the time. I prefer this when using a playlist containing all the band's charts (and not in a set order.)

Thanks for your thoughts on this. We will keep it in mind.

Any AirTurn (or Page flip/Cicada) support planned for Android?

Default iOS: a Bluetooth keyboard works with AirTurn.

You can access irp's AirTurn functions with most any Bluetooth keyboard that will pair with your iOS device.
    The left/right/up/down cursor buttons activate page-forward, page-back, and player start/stop.
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 09-12-2016 at 04:50 AM.