Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Airturn: Page turn foot pedal

I would imagine a page turning functionality for the Apple Watch. That would be cool.

Default AirTurn pedal functionality?

Bluetooth settings in iRp list four pedals, which can be set to do start stop page back and forth. No AirT ped has 4 pedals that both turns pages and start and stop play. I got the AirT Quad thinking it would work but it does not. Since AirTurn is the only recommended producer of pedals could iReal and AirTurn please get together and fully implement 4 to 6 six options we would need such as start, stop , next song, prep song, vol up, vol down? Actually, iRp need only pick a 'Mode' already existing for the quad and use those signals for the functions. As it is now with the quad you can turn pages or start/pause but not both. Doesn't seem a difficult change to make.
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 09-12-2017 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Moved to existing thread

Quote Originally Posted by 7StrngPlayr View Post
    Bluetooth settings in iRp list four pedals, which can be set to do start stop page back and forth. No AirT ped has 4 pedals that both turns pages and start and stop play. I got the AirT Quad thinking it would work but it does not...
    Airturn themselves provide code to work with their products. We have a small update from them which will be included in the next minor update (v8.0.2) due out hopefully in the next few weeks.

However the Quad has been out for a while. It is similar in operation to their other products. We have tested BT-105 (original), PED (original) and Digit-BT-105. With Digit we have all four functions you require (play, stop, previous and next page) mapping to the four options (arrows) showing in the Airturn window. It works without problems. Actually we were able to use both the BT-105 and PED at the same time, one set for previous and next page, the other for player stop, play.

Choosing from the different modes on our Digit, and presumably on your Quad, we use mode 3 (it's default mode) for up arrow, down arrow, left arrow and right arrow (according to the Quad manual it's the same, the default Tablet mode 3, pages 8–10.) Don't use a mode having page up and page down.

Unfortunately there is no volume up/down available in iReal Pro using Airturn devices, only the main four functions—previous, next, play, stop.

Are you sure you are using the correct mode?
    Thanks.

Well, I was just about to give up, but you made me look at the manual 1 more time and I found the notice in RED that you must 'reset the pairing' of you change devices like Ped to BT-105. In the process of trying outsettings I neglected that step, figuring if you disconnect turn off Bluetooth, or turn off AirTurn in iRp it would suffice. That's what happens when you assume. My modes and otherwise we're fine. Thought I was getting' too old and 'losing it' cause I'm no strange to computers, programming etc having taught comp. ed. For 25 yrs. thanks for the assistance!
    Nick

Thanks for letting us know it is working now, Nick. I'm glad you have fixed the pairing problem. I hope it is working how you wanted it to.

Quote Originally Posted by dflat View Post
    We have a small update from them which will be included in the next minor update ...
    The update for Airturn (in iReal Pro v8.0.2) provides compatibility with iOS11. The window shows images of their various devices; it seems you can tap on your device and it selects the correct connection method. (Remember to turn on bluetooth and pair your Airturn device first).
    (From our initial tests, if your device was already connected and working with iReal Pro before this update, it will (should!) continue to work without having to do anything, although we cannot be sure this will be true for all cases.)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Airturn v3.jpg 
Views:	379 
Size:	31.6 KB 
ID:	459

Airturn’s utility app can be used for checking and updating the firmware of PED (not older devices).
    Our original PED had v1.1.0 and we have updated it to the current v1.3.0, which seems to have fixed a bug we encountered while testing recently.

Default What footswitch can i use?

I have problems to configure the airturn bt-106. I only can use the left pedal for play and stop, but there is no option for REWIND back to the Top.
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 04-01-2018 at 01:11 PM. Reason: Moved to existing discussion thread.

Quote Originally Posted by stevie3stevie View Post
    I have problems to configure the airturn bt-106. I only can use the left pedal for play and stop, but there is no option for REWIND back to the Top.
    Currently In iReal pro, only four functions can be controlled by bluetooth/Airturn.
    Page forward
    Page back
    Player start/pause
    Player stop
    You will need a controller with 4 buttons/switches/pedals to control all four available functions.
    Controllers with only two switches can only control two of the functions which can be selected in the app's settings.

If you set your airturn (Duo) for start/pause and stop, the stop switch would act as a "rewind"/reset switch. Start would then cause the song to load and count-in (again) from the beginning.
    You would need to swipe left/right for different charts.

The curser up, down, left, right keys on a paired/connected bluetooth keyboard (^,v,<,>) can work instead of an airturn pedal.when the player is "paused", page turn keys do not work, the player must be "stopped" to change the page.

Remember to turn the AirTurn function OFF when not needed.
    https://www.irealb.com/forums/showth...6476#post46476
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 04-08-2018 at 10:34 AM.

Default bluetooth footswitch enabled?

I have a bluetooth footswitch (AirTurn) and use it with various apps on my iPad (2). Can I can create a chord progression in iReal Pro that 1) lets me play only the current measure/chord via the footswitch? and 2) the chord sustains (i.e. an organ instrument, I imagine)?

I want to practice out of tempo this way.....have iReal Pro play and possibly sustain the chord and only after I depress the (right) footswitch, does it move to the next measure/chord, which then sustains similarly.

Sorry if this post belongs in the Feature Requested section.

thanks
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 07-12-2019 at 01:55 AM. Reason: Moved to airturn thread