Thread: Editor

Default Editor

Hello:
    It seems to me that my Editor has not all the functions.For example I see only a first box in a repetition, but not a second.

Quote Originally Posted by Hernancho1956 View Post
    Hello:
    It seems to me that my Editor has not all the functions.For example I see only a first box in a repetition, but not a second.
    Some editor buttons will step-through several alternatives in rotation with multiple touches.
    )BOB

Default Currently selectable CHORD TYPES, CHORD SUBSTITUTES

Quote Originally Posted by Hernancho1956 View Post
    Hello:
    "It seems to me that my Editor has not all the functions.For example I see only a first box in a repetition, but not a second.
    "

I notice in iReal Pro currently in it's Chord Library an insufficient quantity of great sounding Jazz Chords and related Jazz Chord Substitutes. This added, iReal Pro would elevate to a seriously good App, opening the gate to far better harmonic options, creating excellent Jazz Chord Charts - not only in Jazz !! - but these new chord types and their related subs would be all equally as effective across the board in Pop, Funk, Latin etc. But yes...you will need to know how to correctly compile them for best effect. There are thousands of experienced Jazz Musicians out there crying out for this kind of App. iReal Pro is very affordable, and currently I feel that iReal Pro is limiting their available market by not including / adding these kinds of chord types and chord subs. Also - i hear in iReal Pro, in many cases, lack lustre interpretations of Chord sequences for many of the available songs. Some to the point ( to my ears anyway, of actually sounding incorrect ). A how to on how to compile these kinds of chord types and their related chord substitutes in a one song example, would be a very good idea as it easily " jumps the learning curve " ( ...why the hell not ), and provides the less experienced chord chart writer / editor with this ability. Hey ... it's not all that difficult - and it makes a difference !!! Without providing my full list right now .. ( there are many ) here are a few examples but please note that if I happen to list any here that are in fact currently available, although I don't think they are - then so be it : In all keys : EG : Lydian Chord types and their chord substitutes : e.g.: C Lydian Maj7 : CM7#11. Its chord subs : A-7 69/G (GCF#B) > A-11(ADF#C) > A-9/B (BEAD ) > AM7 69/C# (C#F#BE ). NOTE : These Lydian Chord types and subs can be applied to Minor and Dominant chord types and their related chord subs in the same way.
    Altered Dominant chord types and their related chord substitutes : In all keys. EG : C7b9b13 : ( C E Bb C# G# ) Chord subs : F# 69/E functioning as C7#9 ( E Bb Eb Ab ) . I will not complete my full list right now because it's extensive and is currently prostective pending iReal Pro's interest. Cheers. Dave Simmons.