Thread: Where Is Everyone?

Default Where Is Everyone?

I'm wondering, Where is everyone?

No one is accessing the new posts in the Jazz section. I feel like I'm putting stuff up to no purpose.

Up until a short time ago, there would be a few instant responses, and after a couple of weeks a significant number.

Any idea, Bob?

Cheers,
    Jer
    Jerry Engelbach
    Pianist • Arranger • Composer
    Pátzcuaro, Michoacán, México
    Music Website
    Art Website
    The Internationale Website

I think there is something wrong with the forum. I always look at your threads and this is not reflected in the tally of views. For example, I looked at this thread before even though no views are indicated.

Jer,
    I'd love to see more active participation in the forums.
    We share a common bond through music. Though each of us is on our own path, none of us has gotten to where we are without learning from others. Each of us has knowledge and experience to share.

Unlike "social media", discussion here is focused on something musical. we are courteous and respectful as well as generally helpful.

Since the US election, I have sensed a reduction in forums activity which I hope will be temporary.

Keith, the forums are a vBulletin product and they are responsible for the functionality of things like view-count.

So, this week has been full of mysterious occurrences...

I truly value your contributions and participation.

The music continues,
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 11-11-2016 at 10:16 PM.

Amen to both of you.

I value not only new posts from others, but feedback on my posts.

Cheers,
    Jer
    Jerry Engelbach
    Music Website
    Art Website

I find it puzzling that postings without views do have replies. See screenshot. Maybe the tallying of views is off?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot at 2016-11-12 20-59-30.png 
Views:	120 
Size:	3.7 KB 
ID:	431

Quote Originally Posted by sciurius View Post
    I find it puzzling that postings without views do have replies. See screenshot. Maybe the tallying of views is off?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot at 2016-11-12 20-59-30.png 
Views:	120 
Size:	3.7 KB 
ID:	431
    Perhaps a reply counts only as a "reply" rather than a "view" and a "reply".

Another mystery
    )BOB

Sometimes at night I hear my piano playing itself.

In the morning I find mustard stains on the keys and the remains of a salami sandwich.

It must be that guy.

Cheers,
    Jer
    Jerry Engelbach
    Music Website
    Art Website

�� <thunb's-up emoji>
    ¡Muy cómico!
    Like I said, a week full of mysteries.
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 11-12-2016 at 05:09 PM.

When I visit a thread, I see non-zero views. But when I perform a search for new postings, all threads seem to have a zero in the views column.

Default I am here. But you are absolutely right - sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by engelbach View Post
    I'm wondering, Where is everyone?

No one is accessing the new posts in the Jazz section. I feel like I'm putting stuff up to no purpose.

Up until a short time ago, there would be a few instant responses, and after a couple of weeks a significant number.

Any idea, Bob?

Cheers,
    Jer
    Hi engelbach. ...Well I don't know who Bob is. And if you are expecting a reply from Bob, then - he 'ain't me - at least last time I checked, but here goes my own take, take it or leave it, on maybe why, what you so very rightly ask re " Where is Everyone ? " in response to your no doubt valid, interestingly intelligent posts to the iReal Pro Jazz section - along with the proviso I would venture to ask, that you at least might reply to it, thereby giving me ( surely we'd both expect no one else will ) some hope that in fact there is actually someone out there who really cares , or pardon the pun in this case - iReally cares.
    I happen to think that what you are talking about is a global disease brought on by a few factors / symptoms. Primarily , our illustrious " Digital Age " and the generation born of it, along with all the seriously negative onset of garbage like HipHop has manifested an attitude prevalent in people of the age we once were, and I would emphasise not across the board, but PREVELANT . We live now in a vastly changed world, where due to (a) the permanent long term global affects of 9/11 and (b) the global myth manifested by the Internet giving the global population immediate access to anything and everything including their own research on how industries actually operate etc - you name it. What this has done as far as I have so far observed and noticed in many around me is an overly sophisticated,synically intelligent attitude of all that that that see as being their " reality ". At it's core is absolute hopelessness ( though they don't realise it ) patched up by self synicism . Sadly too often overall , I see children who were never children in the true sense of the word, but " adults " - trying to be adults at an age where once the paths of our lives was only just making itself evident, beckoning our response. As a consequence, there is, I feel - a very damaging affect resulting in a significant ignoring of what a learning curve really is in life - and what is REALLY required of it by any and all of us - since time immemoriable.
    This - I believe , is why as you state : .... " Everyone " isn't out there anymore, what's more - sadly overall, far too many, now in this world that we live in - couldn't give a damn anyway.