Thread: Import Music XML files.

Default Import Music XML files.

Some very basic support (being able to extract chords and bars from any MusicXML file) would be just great.

Agreed that a way to import and export chord chart in a standard format would be great.

Default Import Chords

This may have been suggested before, but the ability of importing chords in XML or text format (assuming that IRp can use conventional chord symbols) can make life a lot easier for many of us. I recently stumbled on the app. Suggester and I thought it would be great if I we can import chord progression from it into IRp.

Rotkob
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 10-07-2017 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Moved to existing discussion thread

Default XML format for Export-Inmports ?

Using HTML is a weird choice, conflicting with normal links in some situations.

Wouldn't you like to offer a standard XML format, available on all platforms and more "professional", particularly because it is recognized for this purpose, for independent file exchanges ?
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 11-17-2023 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Moved to existing discussion thread

Yes, if you can export as musicxml why not have the import feature too?

Quote Originally Posted by yheardme View Post
    Yes, if you can export as musicxml why not have the import feature too?
    iRp midi drum mapping (for example) is not standard and if an outside standard midi file was imported, it wouldn’t play satisfactorily and couldn’t be edited.
    )BOB