Thread: Questions on the Feature Requests Survey

Smile Questions on the Feature Requests Survey

Thanks to all the developers for the survey.
    I know I speak for all the Users when I say we really appreciate your asking us for input.

The big question is;
    Will you make the app easier for us to put in our own lyrics or is this something that you want to stay away from for legal reasons?
    It seems like you could make it so that new version with an improved lyric/text feature could be automatically deleted from any attempt to share it on the forums.

I have some questions on the survey that I would like to bring up for discussion before I Vote
    1) Merge Playlists: This is already easily done on the Mac.
    2)Duplicate Playlists: Also easily done on the Mac.
    3) Export a whole playlist as a pdf book: I guess this would be similar to what we do know on Mac by making PDF's and throwing them into a folder?
    4)Support for longer charts: I really wonder how this would work? Perhaps having a option for the size of the Staffs/Chords etc.? That could be a great feature.
    5) Break (tacet of all instruments) : I don't know what this is ?
    6)Autoplay of playlists: Great for guys that gig with iReal
    7)Add rhythm notation symbols: Just to see or for Play-along ?
    8)Adjustable Tuning (Playback pitch) We already have this ?
    9)Add roman numerals to font options: imo "meh"
    10) Turn practice settings on and off without losing settings: That's what it does? Do you mean save separate practicing settings for each song?
    11)Search playlists (on Android)
    12)Export setlist as PDF: I do this all the time. Just email the setlist to yourself and print it out.
    13) Add optional 'M' for major chord quality
    Don't post a playlist as the songs in a Realbook if the changes aren't from the book.
    If you do transcribe changes from a book put it in the title RB1, RB2, GGB, Sher, etc

CONT.
    I couldn't get the whole list in one post
    14) Add Ritardando: This would be cool for the guys that gig with iReal.
    15)Add rootless piano chord diagrams
    16)Add more rehearsal letter options
    17) Auto double/half chord length: What is this?
    18) Chords on upbeats:
    19) Hi-hat sound for 2-4 click
    20) Include all 15 transpositions keys (including enharmonic): I've always wanted this but there are already ways to avoid things like B# by changing the original/concert key of the song.
    21) Allow comments and notes to a song: OKAY So do we check this box if we are looking for a way to improve our input of lyrics. ?
    22) Add support for Sonos speakers: ?
    23) Sync for iPhone/iPad/Mac (under development)
    24)Sync for Android
    25)Add iRig Blueboard support ?
    26)Add bar numbers : I don't think you would want them always visible. Would this be an easy feature that could quickly turned off and on in rehearsal ?:
    Don't post a playlist as the songs in a Realbook if the changes aren't from the book.
    If you do transcribe changes from a book put it in the title RB1, RB2, GGB, Sher, etc

Bob, tacet directs an instrumental or vocal part to be silent. In the context of iReal Pro, a tacet would be a period of silence for all instruments, including percussion. At present, we have N.C. (no chord) marks that silence all instruments except percussion. A tacet would silence all instruments for a specific number of beats. This would be perfect at the end of a head for a jazz soloist to begin his solo or for a pickup (anacrusis) to a phrase.

The two most important features I'd like to see added to iRP are a ritardando and a tacet. The other thing that needs to get fixed is the "two" section on the "Swing Two/Four" style, about which I've written enough times to annoy everyone.
    Last edited by Keith88; 10-29-2016 at 03:19 PM.

Hi Keith
    I checked out the "Swing Two/Four" and what I noticed was the piano was too busy and didn't change from the swing to the 2 beat.
    So with a name like Keith88 I assume piano is your "forte" do you use iReal with the piano off?

Looking through the poll there is definitely a large group of suggestions relating to using the play-along feature for live performance.
    Since I don't do that I don't think "Tacet" is a big enough deal to use a vote on but Setlist Autoplay is on my short list.

I would think you would want the ability to make longer charts though. Maybe Nikki or somebody on the inside could elaborate on what that might look like?

also when does the poll close , or will it?
    Last edited by Bobsax; 10-29-2016 at 04:10 PM.

Yes, Bob, I'm a pianist and always turn the chord instrument off on the mixer. My complaint about the Swing Two/Four style is with the percussion. Please go to a previous posting of mine: http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...ar-Jerome-Kern to hear what I mean. The two section is rhythmically dead. Also see http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...ed-for-ballads and http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...le-improvement. I know that it appears that I am fixated on this issue but I frequently use the Swing Two/Four style at relatively slow tempos and the style really does need to be improved for ballads at moderate tempos.

Even though duplicating a playlist can be done by dragging an existing playlist in to a new one on a Mac ,I just reordered a playlist into a setlist on my iPad and I was wishing I could save it easily by just duplicating it.
    I guess I'll have to email it to the Mac then make it a new setlist then mail it back.

Hey Mods !! Does anybody know if any of the survey ideas would help with Lyric Entering?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobsax View Post
    I know I speak for all the Users when I say we really appreciate your asking us for input.

The big question is;
    Will you make the app easier for us to put in our own lyrics or is this something that you want to stay away from for legal reasons?
    It seems like you could make it so that new version with an improved lyric/text feature could be automatically deleted from any attempt to share it on the forums.

I have some questions on the survey that I would like to bring up for discussion before I Vote
    1) Merge Playlists: This is already easily done on the Mac.
    2)Duplicate Playlists: Also easily done on the Mac.
    3) Export a whole playlist as a pdf book: I guess this would be similar to what we do know on Mac by making PDF's and throwing them into a folder?
    4)Support for longer charts: I really wonder how this would work? Perhaps having a option for the size of the Staffs/Chords etc.? That could be a great feature.
    5) Break (tacet of all instruments) : I don't know what this is ?
    6)Autoplay of playlists: Great for guys that gig with iReal
    7)Add rhythm notation symbols: Just to see or for Play-along ?
    8)Adjustable Tuning (Playback pitch) We already have this ?
    9)Add roman numerals to font options: imo "meh"
    10) Turn practice settings on and off without losing settings: That's what it does? Do you mean save separate practicing settings for each song?
    11)Search playlists (on Android)
    12)Export setlist as PDF: I do this all the time. Just email the setlist to yourself and print it out.
    13) Add optional 'M' for major chord quality

Quote Originally Posted by Bobsax View Post

The big question is;
    S?
    Can anybody shine a little light on this?i'm just wondering if any of the suggested improvements in the survey would make it easier to input words.? Would the ability to make longer charts be one1) making everything smaller? Or 2)having a two page system . I can only envision a two page system for play along usage. Is that more in line of what would be doable?
    Last edited by Bobsax; 11-20-2016 at 05:51 PM.