Thread: Duplicate Titles

Default Duplicate Titles

It would be nice if there was a duplicate finder. I only notice them when I search ALL SONGS. I have a lot of them from trading playlists between Mac's and iOS devices. If you make any edit , including changing key , next time you share , it will duplicate.
    Perhaps the new CLOUD SHARING will address this?
    Don't post a playlist as the songs in a Realbook if the changes aren't from the book.
    If you do transcribe changes from a book put it in the title RB1, RB2, GGB, Sher, etc

Any news on this front since I last asked 10/28/16 ? I would love to be able to easily clean up my library.
    Don't post a playlist as the songs in a Realbook if the changes aren't from the book.
    If you do transcribe changes from a book put it in the title RB1, RB2, GGB, Sher, etc

What would be nice is to be able to filter the songs that have been created or edited by other devices. So we can easily separate the ones that we create ourselves from the ones created by other users.
    That would help to keep our own library clean and organized

Default Don't include duplicates while importing playlist

When I import playlist and I already have tune in my database it adds me the same tune again with changed title ("Tune 1", "Tune 1 1", "Tune 2", etc). It would be very useful to change this behaviour - if tune exists with the same title, chords, length, etc (I mean "the same sheet" 1:1) use what is already on device (just change tonation if different on playlist).

It should be easy to achieve by comparing length of chords/title/maybe md5 on it. Now it's really annoying - I play a lot of gigs and some tunes are the same across them - then I have several copies of the same sheet with slightly different title... Please fix this bug

If the song is identical, it won't import it.
    It duplicates only when there are differences between the two charts (even slight difference)

Default When importing songs or playlist, ask what to do with duplicates

I wish that iReal would ask me what to do with duplicates when I import songs with identical titles instead of automatically adding the same song with " 1" appended to the title. This clutters my library.

I'd like to see a dialog that asks me for each song:
    1. Skip
    2. Rename

and an "All" checkbox.

Hope the team will consider it.

Thanks.