Thread: More text options

Default More text options

I've just found out how to add lyrics (go to Edit -> click a bar and choose to add text instead of chords/symbols). The text size is big and very readable. This works great as long as there's not many words in the text, or e.g. In fast songs. But when it comes to ballads and songs with many words per bar, the text doesn't fit on one line because it's not sizable. A way to come around the problem is to simply shorten some words, like writing svrl instead of several.
    --> So a "fit text" function would be the perfect solution!

Another great function would be a "show/hide lyrics" button, whereas some both play and sing, while others play (or sing) only. That way we could add lyrics to all suitable songs in the forum and anyone not interested in seeing the lyrics could just turn off the function.

Any more thoughts?
    Cheers!

There's an example chart in this post you may find helpful:
    http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...1306#post31306
    )BOB

Default More text options

Hello, I use this app for many of my gigging groups as well as for practicing. As I like the text above the line rather than below, I would love a feature added to a future update that would allow an above or below choice for the text in addition to the arrows. The arrows are great for specific placement, but are VERY slow if one wants all text above the line rather than below.

Thanks!

Thanks for your idea.
    Have you tried simply using the lowest (default) position of the line above?
    (For text above your first line, insert a blank system above for your first line of text)
    )BOB

Quote Originally Posted by pdxdjazz View Post
    Thanks for your idea.
    Have you tried simply using the lowest (default) position of the line above?
    (For text above your first line, insert a blank system above for your first line of text)
    )BOB
    In that case, it would be nice if I could move the text lower using the arrow. On the versions I use, I can only move the text up.
    There's two kinds of mistakes you can play: The ones you notice, and the ones somebody else might notice.

Quote Originally Posted by DaleMac View Post
    In that case, it would be nice if I could move the text lower using the arrow. On the versions I use, I can only move the text up.
    True. The default is the lowest position within the system. There have been times when it would have been nice to go lower a click or two.

Its kinda like life is for most musicians..... Nowhere to go but up. <sigh> )
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 10-24-2016 at 08:12 PM.

I utilize text more and more lately. Default topline could make it more difficult or more complicated to put your text other places .
    I would like to see a speak/text feature.
    Don't post a playlist as the songs in a Realbook if the changes aren't from the book.
    If you do transcribe changes from a book put it in the title RB1, RB2, GGB, Sher, etc

Default Ability to add an additional text element beneath each beat

Hi,

I like to put text cues under each beat to help me remember the lyrics to a song, and when a section repeats with different lyrics, you currently have to pick one of the two sets of lyrics.
    It would be great if you could add a second text slot for each beat. Then this text would appear beneath the existing text.

Thanks,
    Jonathan

Moderator Note:
    Review this:
    https://www.irealb.com/forums/showth...s-in-iReal-Pro
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 12-25-2016 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Moved to existing discussion thread

Default Text: Point Size and Styles, Default Position

It would be great if a user could adjust the point size and style (ital, boldface) of text added. Also, a handy preference would be for starting placement of text above or below the lbar.
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 09-20-2023 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Moved to existing discussion thread