Thread: From Google Drive to iReal on Android phone

Default From Google Drive to iReal on Android phone

I saved a playlist to my Google Drive account from iReal running in BlueStacks on my Windows desktop. Then I opened the file in Google Drive on my Android phone. I get a screen in iReal's font and color scheme that gives the name of the playlist and a list of the songs in it, followed by "Made with iReal Pro" and then "To import this song/playlist tap or click the link on an Android or iOS device or Mac with iReal Pro installed."

That's as far as I can get. Tapping the name of the playlist (which is underlined and looks like a link) doesn't do anything at all. Chosing "open with" from the Android menu in the upper right hand corner allows me to "Complete action using" Chrome, HTML Viewer, and OfficeSuite but does not include iRealPro in this list.

My phone's system files and iReal Pro are both the most recent available.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

We apologize for the inconvenience.
    Since the latest OS update, importing from Google Drive doesn't work with every device.
    Do you have Dropbox or Box? Could you try to import the playlist from there?

Thank you for the information.

(1) Is there a list of Android devices on which Google Drive still works?

(2) It looks like using Dropbox would mean saving the playlist to Google Drive and then manually copying it to Dropbox. Is that correct, or does iReal have a way to save to Dropbox and I just didn't find it.

(3) Is there a step-by-step tutorial for total newbies on using Forum posts for this purpose? I looked at the Sandbox forum and immediately got very confused.

On my phone, Dropbox says "Can't open [name of playlist] Please download an app that can open this file." iReal Pro is installed and running on this phone.

I know I'm missing something here. Is there a menu inside iReal for opening these files?

Default Got one part figured out

Quote Originally Posted by rrichard63 View Post
    ... (3) Is there a step-by-step tutorial for total newbies on using Forum posts for this purpose? I looked at the Sandbox forum and immediately got very confused.
    Never mind. I think I have this one figured out. You have to wait for your post to be moderated before you can access the files from another device.

Thank you for the information.

(1) Is there a list of Android devices on which Google Drive still works?

(2) It looks like using Dropbox would mean saving the playlist to Google Drive and then manually copying it to Dropbox. Is that correct, or does iReal have a way to save to Dropbox and I just didn't find it.

(3) Is there a step-by-step tutorial for total newbies on using Forum posts for this purpose? I looked at the Sandbox forum and immediately got very confused.
    (1) It depends on your OS, not the device. Which operating system do you have?

(2) Simply save the list to Dropbox. To import, tap on the right arrow next to the file name, then OPEN WITH and select iRealPro

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    (1) It depends on your OS, not the device. Which operating system do you have?

(2) Simply save the list to Dropbox. To import, tap on the right arrow next to the file name, then OPEN WITH and select iRealPro
    (1) Android 5.1.1 running on an LG VS880.

(2) On my phone Dropbox says "Can't open [name of playlist] Please download an app that can open this file." iReal Pro is installed and appears to be running normally on this phone. And I've updated the Dropbox app for Android.
    Last edited by rrichard63; 10-17-2016 at 09:48 AM. Reason: more info

(1) Android 5.1.1 running on an LG VS880.

(2) On my phone Dropbox says "Can't open [name of playlist] Please download an app that can open this file." iReal Pro is installed and appears to be running normally on this phone. And I've updated the Dropbox app for Android.
    Which version of iReal Pro do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Which version of iReal Pro do you have?
    iReal Pro 7.0.2
    Dropbox 18.2.2
    Google Drive 2.4.382.14.34
    Android 5.1.1
    LG Vista software version VS88024A

iReal Pro 7.0.2
    Dropbox 18.2.2
    Google Drive 2.4.382.14.34