Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Audio Lag when playing through Bluetooth Speakers

Default Audio Lag when playing through Bluetooth Speakers

Hello,
    I am wondering if anyone else has experienced a lag in the audio.
    I use a Samsung Note 10 tablet and Bose Sound link speakers. If I use the headphone jack or just built in speaker the video and audio are in sync. When going through blue tooth the Audio has a slight but noticeable lag.

Thanks
    Mike

I tried a samsung galaxy s2 tablet a couple of months ago. I connected the the Bose SoundLink speaker for ireal pro audio output, and the lag and stuttering were pretty bad. Took the tablet back to costco, then tried the apple ipad mini with the same setup, and no issues at all. I now use the ipad pro, also no issues.

No noticeable lag or any stuttering with an iPad Mini (2nd gen) and any of three Bluetooth devices (a Bose Soundlink III and two Logitech Bluetooth receivers). It appears that the problem is with the Samsung tablets. I've had really good luck with iPads and iReal Pro.

Another thread here mentions a buffer setting for android may fix this problem. I never tried that.

Quote Originally Posted by Parisology View Post
    Another thread here mentions a buffer setting for android may fix this problem. I never tried that.
    Inside the app go to More and scroll down to Advanced Audio Settings toward the bottom. Tap on the blue dot under "Custom audio buffer size" and drag it to the right.
    This should improve the sound, however, results will vary depending on your device.
    Let us know if it solved the issue.

Hello,

I guess the application should be modified to include the possibility to trigger the screen animation after triggering the sound.
    This should parameterizable so that the user can tune it to compensate exactly the bluetooth lag.

AdA

Sure I did what you mention since there are several posts mentioning that. It does not work, since the lag problem is not due to ireal, but to the system itself. What I propose is a simple workaround.

Quote Originally Posted by dauriac View Post
    Sure I did what you mention since there are several posts mentioning that. It does not work, since the lag problem is not due to ireal, but to the system itself. What I propose is a simple workaround.
    We have tested it with several devices and they worked fine.
    What kind of device do you have?
    Thank you!

I use on one end a Samsung sm-j100h running Android 4.4.4, and on the other end a small adapter connected to the aux entry of my amplifier.
    I read many time about this lag when using bluetooth (eg the program vlc on linux corrects it). The idea of introducing a customer-tuned delay between image and sound could solve the problem in *all* situations. I admit it is an "advanced functionality" since some people would not understand what it is about.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by dauriac View Post
    I use on one end a Samsung sm-j100h running Android 4.4.4, and on the other end a small adapter connected to the aux entry of my amplifier.
    I read many time about this lag when using bluetooth (eg the program vlc on linux corrects it). The idea of introducing a customer-tuned delay between image and sound could solve the problem in *all* situations. I admit it is an "advanced functionality" since some people would not understand what it is about.
    Thank you
    Thank you for sending me your device info. I will forward it to the developer to look into it.