Thread: Rock exercises

Default Rock exercises

Let me add my voice to the unrestrained jubilation over the awesomeness of this app.

I've been going over the "Exercise" charts provided with iRealb, and I was trying out the "Rock" tunes with the new Pop Styles Pack. Great fun! Here's a question:

"Rock 1" has chord changes that seem remarkably similar to [well-known pop tune by '60s hit songwriting team] (Of course I'm sure this is sheer coincidence and in no way could be construed as plagiarism or copyright infringement. Of course.)

Likewise, "Rock 2" seems to have an uncanny resemblance to the chord progression of [landmark song by folk rock legend] Again, purely accidental, I'm certain.

So my question is, what well-known pop song does exercise "Rock 3" come awfully close to being the same as? Anyone have it? The seven-bar verse structure should be a giveaway, but perhaps I'm just too old to recognize what giant of modern pop music might have written a song that just happens to be exactly like this exercise.

Or maybe it's obvious and I'm just not hearing it. Anyone got a clue for an over-the-hill rocker like me?

Anyway, having great fun with the app. Best to Massimo, dflat, and all the rest of the iReal heroes.

--Craig
    Last edited by Cgriffeath; 04-20-2011 at 08:46 PM. Reason: more discreet is better? following norman's lead

Slow it down a little and maybe with less guitar you'll have no problem recognizing this famous 1965 ballad. Like you say, ireal b is great fun!

Default Riiiiiight . . .

Oh yeah, duh. Maybe the default tempo got me. Thanks for the hints.

--Craig