Thread: When you export to MusicXML, do you lose double barlines?

Default When you export to MusicXML, do you lose double barlines?

Hi,

I exported an iRealB file to MusicXML format, and when I imported to Guitar Pro 6, I didn't see the double barlines.
    I'm trying to figure out if this is an issue with iRealB, GuitarPro 6, or the MusicXML format.

Thanks,
    Jonathan

They should be there. Are you able to import into a different notation app to check?

Quote Originally Posted by dflat View Post
    They should be there. Are you able to import into a different notation app to check?
    What applications other than Guitar Pro do you know of that display them?

Thanks,
    Jonathan

I checked using 'Open in' with Notion and Symphony Pro (on iPad) and Sibelius and Musescore (Mac) and they show up. I do not know what device you are using as GuitarPro is available on different platforms (I presume iOS because you posted in this forum).
    Although it is a standard, some apps support (and interpret) more elements of music XML than others. I would check with GuitarPro's tech support to see if they should show on your device.

Thanks for the response.
    I am using GuitarPro on Windows 7.
    I downloaded the trial version of Finale and Finale NotePad, and I see the bar lines in both of those programs, so it appears to be a GuitarPro issue.

FYI
    Musescore lists as able to run on Windows 7 (if you are interested for your music scores). It's free and well respected as a notation app (includes chord symbols, music XML support, playback samples, midi import) and as mentioned, the double barlines showed up with importing as music XML.
    https://musescore.org/en/download