Thread: Is it possible to change Page Setup for PDFs to render to 8.5 x 11?

Default Is it possible to change Page Setup for PDFs to render to 8.5 x 11?

The PDFs are rendered to 17.78 x 31.72 inches which translates to 6.17 x 11.

Is there a setting I've missed that can render to the full width of an 8.5 x 11 page?

The long narrow .pdf is harder to read than the screen which shows as standard page dimensions.

It would be great to be able to use the PDFs instead of taking a photo of the screen view, emailing it and filtering to get a clean view so I can print it using the full width of the page.

If there is already this option please tell me where to find it.

Thanks,
    Katie

AFAIK, iRP makes a screen dump of the tablet/phone so the dimensions correspond to the screen dimensions.
    Probably the best option is to export an image (JPG, not PDF), then manually widen (stretch) it using some image editor, and then create a PDF of the widened image.
    Note that everything will be stretched to fit the width. Having the chords spread out (i.e, more space between the chords) is technically possible, but will disturb the fine-tuning of texts and chords.

Hmmm interesting. The device certainly does appear to impact the .pdf export. The Page Size property of the .pdf generated from my iPad show the dimensions as 17.78 x 31.72 while a .pdf generated from my Android phone has a Page Size of 15 X 23.67 which translates to 6.97 X 11 so it's using more of the width.

There is no option to export to an Image on the iPad but there is on the phone. Is that export option specific to Android? If that option were available on my iPad I'd be set.

Thanks for your input sciurius.

I don't know for the iPad, but on Android the export to Image option was removed lately, and restored a couple of releases later due to customer demand.

Some folks take a screenshot to share/print.
    I think newer android devices can do that.
    iOS instructions here:
    http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...0239#post40239
    )BOB

On iOS, to get a PDF file, hit the "Send" icon (a square with upward arrow), press the "Share Chord Chart" entry on the menu, and the press the "PDF" entry and then send the PDF file by mail. Once the pdf file is downloaded on the computer, it can be (on a Windows machine) printed to fit a normal 8½" by 11" sheet of paper. It may actually be another size but as long as it can be shrunk to fit a normal-sized sheet of paper, all is good. Note, that I do not send the file directly to my printer; I send it to my computer where the Adobe Reader software handles the re-sizing of the document as well as the printing. Perhaps if I sent the file directly to a printer there would be a problem.