Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iReal b + Amplitube

Default iReal b + Amplitube

I am glad that this great app is back! And I was thrilled to read that it is supposed to work simultanuously with Amplitube. Great news! But alas, it does not, or - I donīt get it to do it... Although I have set the settings for background audio in both applications. Strangely it seems to - almost - work with the iShred app. But the processor of my iPod touch seems to be too slow to handle it, so all I get is a terrible stuttering...

Anyone with ideas what I could have done wrong - or wether it just does not work as it should?

Quote Originally Posted by Archibald View Post
    I... it is supposed to work simultanuously with Amplitube. Great news! But alas, it does not, or - I donīt get it to do it...
    What model of iPod touch do you have? (which generation?)

Also check you have followed the instructions (the question mark ? next to Settings>Player>Background audio.)
    (there is a problem with the German translation which currently causes some confusion.)
    Set Background audio to OFF in iReal b and ON in Amplitube.
    Also make sure you have pressed Play in the Player window as this activates it working (any song, you can change songs as you like once it is activated.)
    I always close down other apps other than those two and perhaps turn off wireless.

Thank you, dflat, yes, it works now, thanks to your help! Indeed I had followed the question mark, but as you assumed: the german translation says something like "switch background audio" which I took to say "switch it ON". But now, after switching it off, it works. Great. I did not expect this from my ordinary iPod... (iPod touch, bought last summer, so the one before the actual edition...).
    Last edited by Archibald; 04-19-2011 at 07:12 AM.

No more excuses now. Have fun!

I just wanted to chime in and say I finally got around to testing this last night. Instructions were a little confusing at first, but once I REALLY paid attention to the instructions, it worked perfectly! Thanks a bunch for this functionality, I've been hoping for something like this ever since I got my iRig hookup. Now I can really burn through my phones battery charges!

Quote Originally Posted by ghodaddyyo View Post
    ....but once I REALLY paid attention to the instructions, it worked perfectly!
    Yes it can be confusing, but important as that is the way it had to activate between 2 apps and the iOS.
    Was it the English instructions you were reading off?
    Thanks for your comments. We might re-visit the instructions.

Me again! I tried to experiment with iReal b and amplitube more today. But latency really turns out to be a problem, at least with my iPod touch 3G. With Amplitube running in the background, the guitar sound is just too late und messes up rhythm and timing. It does not really matter if I choose lateny "low" or "ultra low" in Amplitube, but the latter causes some clicking sounds in addition. Any ideas or recommendations - or is my iPod just too weak for the task?

Quote Originally Posted by Archibald View Post
    ... iPod touch 3G. With Amplitube running in the background, the guitar sound is just too late ....Any ideas or recommendations - or is my iPod just too weak for the task?
    With multitasking if you are having problems, completely close down any other applications not being used (just have iReal b and Amplitube.) If there are still problems, turning off completely and restarting, then opening just the two apps might help also.
    Let us know if either of these helps.

I'm running iOS 3.1.3 on a 3Gs with "backgrounder" patch - doesn't seem to work, the guitar goes away when I start amplitube first and ampitube refuses to start when I open irealB first.. will this only work with iOS4?
    Last edited by burnardo; 05-03-2011 at 05:03 AM.

I have had problems since the last update of either Amplitube or IRealb. I can not remember exactly. However, I used to be able to run Amplitube in the background and iRealb in the foreground. Sometimes it would fail, but most of the time it would work.

Now I get a pop-up message in Amplitube saying another app has changed the latency setting. Sure enough, on the rare occaision that I now get both running, Amplitube has too much latency making it unusable. I have tried shutting down my iPod etc, but it makes no difference.

So the question is whether any recent changes have been made to iRealb that would affect sound latency in multitasking?

iOS 4.3.3 iPod 3G