Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Instruments in styles

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Instruments in styles

Currently, you can only have a guitar with the guitar trio "style". If it were one of the instruments (along with organ, piano, vibraphone, etc.) then it could be used with any style. I suspect that may not be a simple process, but you've certainly made other substantial improvements in the 4 years I've been a user that have, no doubt, been just as challenging...

A very easy alternative would be to simply have silence as one of the (sticky) accompanying instruments - for both the bass and the treble. That should be easy to do and would keep me from having to silence an instrument from one song to the next.

Quote Originally Posted by Chorded View Post
    Currently, you can only have a guitar with the guitar trio "style". If it were one of the instruments (along with organ, piano, vibraphone, etc.) then it could be used with any style. I suspect that may not be a simple process, but you've certainly made other substantial improvements in the 4 years I've been a user that have, no doubt, been just as challenging...
    Each style has its own set of instruments. Guitar is available in Jazz: Doo doo cats, Guitar Trio, Gypsy jazz, Trad jazz, in Latin: Bossa Acoustic, in Pop:bluegrass, country, funk, reggae, rock, slow rock.

Thanks, Niki. I just found those choices yesterday - even though I've been using iReal Pro for a long time. Just haven't kept up with the updates since my original settings have served me well! Still, if you can't create a "Silence" choice for an instrument, please consider my other thread request to "stick" the accompaniment volume with the song just as the instruments are so we don't have to change volume balance every time we play a song.

I will tell the developer for sure

Default Instruments in styles

Select the playback instruments in every style. For example allow nylon stringed guitar instead of piano as main accompaniment in any style.
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 11-26-2016 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Moved to existing discussion thread

Default Full amount of instruments in mixer (independent from style)

In my opinion it is no good idea, to limit the possible mixer-instruments dependent from style. In standard style 'medium swing' e.g. one has only a very weak/silent bass option. One has to lower the piano and the drums a lot for noticing the bass playing.
    I see no sense in this limitation, specially as there is the 'Standardinstrument'-reset button.
    (It seems, this wish exists always for a long time. Pity that it didn't get realized.)
    Last edited by 1word; 02-18-2018 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Moved to existing discussion

Yes, I also agree that we should be able to mix instruments independently.
    The current mix settings are very different from one style to another. Some instruments are too loud or not loud enough.
    We should be able to save the mix setting for each style individually.
    If we could save the mix setting for each song, that would be even better.
    Or at least having constistent mixes for all the styles

I agree with this:
    I would like to have all instruments available in all styles

I would like to add my Thumbs Up for having all instruments in all styles. For instance I love doing some practice on music with the recently deceased Lyle Mays...But here PADS would be great because he used those a lot to support Methenys songs... Maybe a preferences tab that could let you "create" sets of instruments? Very cool programme. I just bought it for Mac as well!